To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Patient Care Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Assumes Responsibilities For Professional Development And Participates In Activities And Committees That Foster Clinical 8. Development.
9. 8. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
10. 9. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Self And Patients.
11. 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
13. 1. Responsible For Implementation And Documentation Of Intravenous Therapy As Directed By Physician?S Orders And Established Policies And Procedures.
14. 2. Assesses Patient?S Intravenous Therapy Needs And Inserts Appropriate Vascular Access Device Accordingly.
15. 3. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Central Venous Access Devices And Their Maintenance.
16. 4. Maintains Universal Precautions.
17. 5. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Mechanical Controlling Devices
18. 6. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Blood/Blood Component Therapy.
19. 7. Knowledgeable In The Care Of Epidural/Intrathecal Catheters For Pain Management And The Specific Medications Administered Via Such Catheters.
20. 8. As A Code 8 Responder, Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Dysrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Interventions.
21. 9. Serves As Educational Resource In Intravenous Therapy.
22. 10. Participates In Maintaining Quality / Clinical Indicators.
23. Demonstrates Competency In Autologous Donor Selection/Collection.
24. Demonstrates Competency In Therapeutic Phlebotomy
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Of Acute Medical/Surgical Experience Required. Previous Intravenous Therapy Preferred. Picc Competency Is Required Within Six Months.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided.