To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides A Comprehensive Range Of Services Within A Multidisciplinary Setting To Adult Oncology Patients With Their Families: A Psychological Evaluation, Supportive Counseling, Financial Counseling, Discharge Planning, Information And Referral And Follow Up. Acts As A Liaison With The Community To Develop Resources For The Cancer Center And Its Patients.
Responsibilities: 1. Provide Supportive Counseling And Assistance To In-And Ambulatory Cancer Patients And Their Families Before, During And After Treatment;
2. Initiates And Facilitates Appropriate Support Groups, As Needed.
3. Effectively Assists Patients And Families In A Broad Scope Of Coping Skills Including Survivorship And The Transition To Terminal Illness And Bereavement;
4. Identifies Financial Need And Refers Appropriately.
5. Attends Multidisciplinary Oncology Team Meetings;
6. Collaborates With Hospice, Vna, Pastoral Care And Other Agencies To Provide Supportive Care And Bereavement Support To Dying Patients And Their Families;
7. Conducts An Initial Psychosocial Assessment On All Newly Diagnosed Cancer Patients And Any Cancer Patient Referral.
8. Responds To Crisis Situations In A Mature Manner.
9. Ensures That Medical Records Are Secure And Kept Confidential At All Times.
10. Participates In Educational And Philanthropic Activities As Requested;
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review;
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Msw From An Accredited School Of Social Work
3 (Three) Years Hospital And/Or Oncology Experience
Lcsw Preferred Or Eligible
Certification In Cpr Within 6 (Six) Months Of Employment; Excellent Communication And Interpersonal Skills; Ability To Work Independently, Exhibit Sound Judgment And Maintain A Case Load That Will Include Psychosocial Assessments On All New Patients, Both In And Outpatient And Ongoing Follow Up.