To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Manages Daily Operations Of The Unit In Collaboration With The Operations Director And Medical Director, Resulting In A Practice That Reflects Multidisciplinary Collaboration. Provides Leadership, Support, And Resources To The Staff And Ensures Clinical Practice In Accordance With All Applicable Standards. Responsibilities Include The Oncology Committee, Tumor Boards, Annual Report, American College Of Surgeons (Acs) Survey & Accreditation And Information Systems Applications.
Responsibilities: 1. Integrates Service Excellence Initiatives Into Daily Operations And Measures Responsiveness To Customers, Internal And External. Amends Plan Based On Feedback.
2. Consistently Manages All Activities So That Quality Evidence-Based Services Are Provided In An Efficient, And Cost-Effective Manner. Introduces Evidence-Based Practice Changes In Consultation With Physician And Clinical Staff. Ensures Safety Procedures Are Followed.
3. Responsible For Ensuring Patient Care Needs Are Met Through Patient Care Rounds And Communication With Physicians And Members Of The Interdisciplinary Team.
4. Demonstrates Clinical Competence And The Ability To Provide Direct Patient Care In Order To Assist As Needed.
5. Oversees Nutritionist And Case Manager In An Effort To Facilitate Patients? Progression Through The Continuum Of Care And Provides Appropriate Interventions.
6. Provides Accurate And Consistent Interpretation And Application Of Human Resources Policies And Any Appropriate Union Contracts.
7. Develops And Monitors Quality Initiatives (Qa/Qi) That Interface With Organization-Wide Programs.
8. Provides Coaching, Counseling, Performance Appraisals And Other Forms Of Support To Staff That Enable Them To Attain Their Professional And Performance Goals. Must Complete 95% Of Annual Performance Reviews On Time (Within 30 Days Of Due Date).
9. Establishes And Coordinates Department Clinical Efforts To Achieve Hospital Goals Through Work Plan Participation.
10. Maintains A Working Knowledge Of All Necessary State And Federal Regulations Regarding Nursing Care.
11. Responsibilities Include The Oncology Committee, Tumor Boards, Annual Report, American College Of Surgeons (Acs) Survey & Accreditation And Information Systems Applications.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
Graduate Of Accredited Nursing Program, Bsn Required, Msn Preferred. Ocn Required.
Minimum Of 5 Years Progressively More Responsible Experience In Leadership/Management In Oncology Or In A Community Cancer Center Required. Hematology-Oncology Experience, Including Iv Skills, Required. Recent And Relevant Experience Managing A High Volume Chemotherapy Setting (15 Or More Chemo Infusions/Day) Required. Experience With Clinical Trials Preferred.
Current Ct Rn License
Demonstrates Effective Leadership Skills. Ability To Motivate And Lead Large Groups Of People. Able To Interface Effectively With Other Departments/Disciplines.