To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Direct And Supervise All Department Activities. Provides Leadership, Support And Resources. Ensures Department Complies With Appropriate Jacho Regulations And Guidelines. Responsible For Hiring Qualified Staff, Ensure Appropriate Training Is Provided, And Evaluates Staff Annually. Responsible For Ensuring Quality Patient Care Services Are Provided In The Department.
Responsibilities: 1. Responsible For The Over All Operation Of The Department.
2. Establish Departmental Goals And Objectives.
3. Responsible For Initial And Ongoing Assessment Of Patient Care Needs Through Patient Care Rounds And Communication With Physicians And Members Of The Interdisciplinary Team To Meet Identified Needs.
4. Establish And Monitor Departmental Budgets. Analyzes Trends And Must Be Able To Explain Variance And Make Appropriate Adjustments.
5. Works With Case Manager To Facilitate Patients? Progression Through The Continuum Of Care And Provides Appropriate Interventions
6. Provides Accurate And Consistent Interpretation And Application Of Human Resource Policies And Any Appropriate Union Contracts.
7. Ensures All Safety Procedures Are Followed.
8. Provides Coaching, Counseling And Formal Discipline, When Appropriate, To Staff.
9. Must Complete 95% Of Annual Performance Reviews On Time (Within 30 Days Of Due Date).
10. Consistently Manage All Activities So That Quality Services Are Provided In An Efficient And Cost Effective Manner.
11. Maintain A Working Knowledge Of All Necessary State And Federal Regulations Regarding The Nursing Care.
12. Demonstrates Clinical Competence And The Ability To Provide Direct Patient Care In Order To Assist As Needed On The Unit.
13. Ensure That Safety Procedures Are Followed.
Bachelor?S Degree In Nursing Required Or In Progress. Master?S Degree In Nursing Preferred.
Must Have (5) Years Of Experience In An Acute Care Setting. With A Sound Understanding Of Nursing Practices In The Area Of Supervision.
Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License. Excellent Organizational And Communication. Must Have Ability To Prioritize, Multi Task And Deal With Conflict In A Professional Manner.
Demonstrates Effective Leadership Skills
Some Period Of Orientation May Be Necessary To Learn Policies And Procedures, Computer Systems.