To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. Explains Procedure/Environment To Patient As Appropriate, As Consistent With Their Level Of Comprehension.
11. Implements Actions To Prevent Patient (Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult And Geriatric) Injury From: 12. Positioning 13. Extraneous Objects 14. Chemical/Physical/Electrical Hazards 15. Medications 16. Temperature 17. Infection
18. Prepares And Organizes Materials Recognizing Special Needs Of Patient (Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult And Geriatric), Procedure And/Or Surgeon.
19. Checks And Maintains Specialty And Department Equipment And Supplies As Assigned.
20. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specifications. Insures All Necessary Instrumentation And Equipment Are In Working Order. Follows Through With Repair/Replacement As Needed.
21. Implements Case Breakdown Procedure Insuring Minimal Downtime Between Cases.
22. Provides Complete And Accurate O.R. Records.
23. Communicates/Documents Patient Status And Care Needs To Appropriate Team Members.
24. Performs Individualized Nursing Assessment Of Physiologic And Psychosocial Status And Documents Same. Re-Assesses Throughout Surgical Case.
25. Adheres To O.R. Dress Code.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Previous Peri-Operative Course Curriculum And /Or Minimum 1 Year Of Recent Or Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Certification In Peri-Operative Nursing Preferred (Cnor). Bls Required.
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided