To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients .
The Bridgeport Hospital Men's Health Program is a multidisciplinary network of physicians and health care professionals who understand the health care needs of males. Our expert physicians work together to optimize their health and well-being. The Men's Health Care Navigator (MHCN) is a nurse that is responsible for helping patients book appointments and guide them through the various specialties in Men's Health to ensure our dedicated team of physicians provides the appropriate diagnosis, treatment and support services needed Follow up care is tailored to each individual patient and delivered with compassion and proven results. In addition, the MHCN tracks and reports Men's Health navigation program activity and monitors designated clinical quality and safety indicators. The MCHN will also assist in role development, creation of appropriate educational materials as well as patient satisfaction and compliance.
Provides support to patient and care giver(s) through their health care journey by supporting, guiding and directing patient navigation in both the inpatient and outpatient care settings.
1) Provides support to patient and care giver(s) though their care journey through support, guidance and direction including both inpatient and outpatient care settings.
a. Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care providers.
b. Continuously monitors/measures progress of interventions and outcomes.
c. Partners with patients/families in addressing their concerns, issues, desires and needs.
d. Facilitates the assessment, initiation and evaluation of patient/family education.
e. Enhances the patient/family quality of life through assessment, teaching, communication, emotional support, spiritual support and the practice of family-centered care.
2) Assists with provision of community education and screening activities.
3) Represents Bridgeport Hospital as a high-level professional at all times.
4) Connects with provider offices weekly to identify their male patients who require additional services or physician visits and documenting what services have been recommended.
5) Proactively connects with each patient for appointment reminders, answer questions, and offer scheduling assistance for future appointments. As necessary, contact patients instructing them of additional imaging procedures that must be performed to clarify interpretation.
6) Develops measures for success and assists with tracking data and reporting.
7) Facilitate appointments for consults and support services within established service standards, including social work, dieticians, physicians, etc.
8) Participates in department specific quality improvement activity relevant to program and role.
9) Adhere to established productivity measures.
10) Responsible for outreach efforts and to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders (physicians, nurses, social services, etc.).
EDUCATION: 3-5 years RN experience, Background in Public Health or critical care preferred. BSN or enrollment required.
EXPERIENCE : 3-5 years nursing experience. Experience working with Men's Health issues, community health and or multi-specialty environments preferred. Requires independent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making
SPECIAL SKILLS : Excellent communication skills and service recovery knowledge; Clinical expertise family health; Excellent leadership, organizational skills
ACCOUNTABILITY : Accountable for assuring patients needs are met through-out the continuum of care. Assist physicians and their offices with addressing barriers to care, coordination of services and other needs related to the social determinants of health.
COMPLEXITY: Inter personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences), accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic). Interacts with the entire healthcare team within the hospital and in the community office practices. Interacts with patients and family members
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: CT RN license
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND : Must be able to stand, sit and walk throughout the day. Drive to outside meetings and appointments. Flexible to attend evening and weekend functions periodically