To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care In The Clinic According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Self And Patients.
9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
11. Evaluates Laboratory Values Correctly And Notifies Providers Of Abnormalities: Assesses Continuance Of Medication.
12. Identifies And Auscultates Fetal Heart Rate.
13. Completes Nursing Assessment Of Outpatients(Prenatal Clinic) Including Health History, Functional And Assessment Physical,Antepartum Care,
14. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Assisting With Pap Smear, Colposcopy, Cryosurgery And Endometrial Biopsy.
15. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of The Principles Of Sterile Techniques For Colposcopy, Cryosurgery And Endometrial Biopsy Procedures.
16. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In The Care Of Prenatal/Gyn Patients. Uses Teaching Skills With Appropriate Hand-Outs To Assist Patient In Identifying Potential Problems.
17. Demonstrates Ability To Strategize And Provide For The Special Needs Of High-Risk Outpatient Antepartum Patients.
18. Evaluate Postpartum Status In An Accurate Manner According To Established Policies And Procedures.
19. Utilizes And Interprets Urine Chemstrips In An Accurate Manner According To Established Policies And Procedures.
20. Works With Available Resources To Ensure Proper Patient Follow-Up And Support.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Ob/Gyn Experienced Required.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License.
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided.