To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Chw Will Connect With Low Resourced And Highly Vulnerable Populations At Locations In The Community That They Frequent And At A Variety Of Community Events. The Chw Will Offer Health Insurance Application Counseling, Assist People To Understand Insurance Terminology And The Free Preventive Services Included In Their Health Coverage, Link People To Local Resources For Care, And Counsel On How To Access More Help From The Office Of The Healthcare Advocate.
Responsibilities: 1. Identify Opportunities To Connect With Economically Vulnerable Community Members Including At Events And At Places People Gather.
2. Interact With People To Implement Various Assessment Tools To Identify Needs.
3. Work With People To Create A Plan To Intervene On Identified Needs Including Providing Health And Health Insurance Literacy Education And Referrals For Connections To Community Resources.
4. Follow-Up With Individuals To Ensure That Barriers To Access To Care Are Addressed.
5. Assist In Connecting People To A Regular Source Of Primary Care.
6. Coordinate The Twice Monthly Screening Partnership With The United Way Mobile Food Pantry.
7. Participate In The Monthly Community Health Improvement Plan Access To Care Meetings.
8. Participate In Evaluating Program Success Based On Identified Metrics.
9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Ged Required. Some College Preferred.
1-2 Years Community Outreach Or Similar Volunteer Experience Required.
Excellent Oral And Written Skills. Highly Proficient Bilingual In Spanish. Strong Positive Interpersonal Skills In A Team Setting And On An Individual Basis. Demonstrated Ability To Organize Work And To Work Independently.
Community Health Worker, Health Navigator, Certified Health Insurance Assistor Trainings Preferred.