To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Required To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients.
Responsibilities: 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
10. 1. Performs The Technical Procedures Required By The Patient Need/Assignment Without Causing Harm And Consistent With One?S Own Scope Of Practice And The Practice Settings Legal Constraints.
11. 2. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding In The Provision Of Pre-And Post-Procedure Instruction.
12. 3. Demonstrates Skills And Knowledge In Arrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Intervention.
13. 4. Demonstrates Skills And Understanding In Airway Management.
14. 5. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Pulse Oximetry.
15. 6. Insures That Endoscopy Equipment Is In Working Condition And Disinfected According To Established Procedure.
16. 7. Demonstrates Working Knowledge Of Endoscopy Accessories (Snares, Forceps, Injector Needle, Ercp Equipment) And Assists Physician With Equipment During Procedure.
17. 8. Demonstrates Working Knowledge Of Cautery And Bicap.
18. 9. Demonstrates Working Knowledge Of Video System Equipment.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Recent Endoscopy, Ambulatory Surgery, Or Operating Room Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Acls And Bls Required. .
Hospital And Unit-Based Orientation Provided