To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under The General Direction Of The Department Manager The Benefits And Compensation Analyst Will Assist With A Variety Of Benefits And Salary Administration Functions In Support Of Day To Day Operations Within Human Resources. This Position Will Closely Align With Hris In Understanding The Connectivity Of All Data Systems Supporting Benefits And Compensation Programs. The Benefits And Compensation Analyst Will Work With Various Types Of Benefits And Retirement Data Administration Tools And Systems To Ensure Timely And Accurate Integration Of Information. Proactively Liaise With And Leverage External Resources (Vendors And Consultants) And Internal Resources (Hr, Payroll, Finance, Etc.) To Identify Gaps And Create Efficient, Compliant, And Cost Effective Administrative Processes. The Benefits And Compensation Analyst Will Also Play An Active Role In Implementing Various Department Projects And Initiatives.
Responsibilities: 1. Assists In The Design Of An Active And Continuous Financial Plan To Achieve Healthcare System Targets (Clinical Sustainability Initiative).
2. Benefits And Absence Management Support:
3. Provide Day To Day Support In Administering A Full And Complex Suite Of Union And Non-Union Benefits Administration, Including Enrollment Processing, Qualified Status Changes, Data And Transactions Associated With Both Active And Terminated Plan Participants. Audit And Administer Plans To Ensure Compliance With Laws And Regulations Including Erisa, Dol/Flsa, Irs, Hipaa, Cobra, Fmla Etc. As Well As Internal Policies And Procedures.
4. Liaison With Consultants And Healthcare System Leaders To Identify, Research, Establish And Achieve Financial Targets.
5. Develop, Implement, And Audit Departmental Processes And Procedures Related To The Administration Of Benefit Plans, Identify And Resolve Data Discrepancies To Ensure Consistency And Accuracy Of Benefit Calculations, Account Reconciliation, Etc., And Analyze Benefit Enrollment And Utilization Data To Identify Opportunities For Improvement.
6. Provide Support And Assistance To Assure Appropriate Information/Data Is Available And Accessible For Leaders To Identify And Achieve Identified Benchmarks.
7. Responsible For Full Spectrum Support Of Data Interface Files Within Kronos And Vendor Systems, Liaising With I.T. And Hris Resources As Needed.
8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development.
9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Healthcare System/Entities.
10. Analyze And Coordinate Implementation Of New Initiatives In Support Of Streamlining And Gaining Efficiencies Both With Internal Organizational Systems And Processes And External Vendor Systems In Daily Program Administration, On Cyclical Projects (E.G. Annual Open Enrollment), And On New Initiatives As Needed.
11. Partner With Hris In Functioning As Project Lead In Open Enrollment And Other Annual Benefit Initiatives To Include, But Not Limited To Annual Db And Dc Audits.
12. Oversee The Function And Accuracy Of All Benefits Related Data Entry And Data Transmission Functions To Include New Enrollment, Changes In Benefit Elections And Termination / Continuation Of Benefits As Needed.
13. Oversee The Function And Administration Of All Absence Management Functions To Include Coordination Of Activities With Outside Vendors, Providing Guidance And Counsel To Employees And Managers In The Interpretation And Use Of Benefits, And Providing Data Analytics Regarding Cost And Trend Usage.
14. Gather And Analyze Data, Identify Key Trends, And Participate In Key Benefits Projects And Initiatives. Assist With Reporting And Financial Analytics. Conduct Benchmarking, Research And Analysis To Evaluate Existing Programs And Processes Suggesting Ways To Improve Or Create Efficiencies.
15. Compensation Support:
16. Conduct Annual Salary Surveys To Include Data Gathering, Data Submission And Market Analyses When Data Is Returned. Develop Detail And Overall Market Analyses For Review. Make Suggestions And Recommendations Based On Findings.
17. Responsible For Hris Actions That Pertain To Job Codes, Position Codes, Creating And Maintaining Grades And Ranges And Related Tables And Dictionaries Impacting Position Hierarchy Within The System.
18. Work With Hr And Business Line To Define, Refine And Maintain Job Descriptions Within The System.
19. Oversee The Function And Process For All Pay Rate And Position Changes And Employee Status Notices Within The Hris System Outside Of Onboarding.
20. Maintain Position Hierarchy Structure Within Kronos, Coordinating With Internal Department And External Resources As Needed.
21. Conduct Audits On Flsa, Off-Step, Pay Rules And Accrual Codes.
22. Conduct Ad Hoc Compensation Analyses To Support Recruiter With Offer Rates Ensuring Both Internal And External Equity Concerns Are Documented And Addressed.
23. Assist With Compensation And Pay Administration Projects As Needed.
25. Meet Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
26. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.