To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for assisting the Point of Care Coordinator with the oversight of all point of care testing performed throughout L+M Hospital and L+M off site facilities. Includes assisting with the review of Quality Control data, training of staff, new equipment evaluations and related duties.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows all Laboratory and Hospital safety policies.
2. Is able to appropriately interact with nursing staff and physicians to maintain the POCT program.
3. Understands all department QC procedures and troubleshoots QC failures with proper documentation.
4. Takes part in inter and intra-department QA initiatives (validations, staff competencies, calibration/verifications, etc.).
5. Responds to technical issues from all nursing units and responds appropriately to resolve them.
6. Maintains technical competency and keeps current on new testing available in the market for POC testing.
7. Effectively utilizes all necessary LIS functions, including testing/validation of interfaces to the hospital LIS system.
8. Assists in maintaining necessary inventory control of all POCT reagents.
9. Assists with Laboratory and Hospital inspections from outside agencies such as CAP, TJC and the State of Connecticut for the POCT modules.
10. Evaluates the daily/weekly/monthly quality control programs for all POCT done in the hospital.
11. Assists with procedures and policies for the POCT program including new procedures, updating existing procedures and maintaining the procedures at each testing site.
12. Is able to work effectively with Nurse Managers, Nurses, MD\u2019s and laboratory staff in establishing and monitoring POC programs and resolving POC issues/problems.
13. Is knowledgeable about current and new regulations as they pertain to Point of Care testing.
14. Assists in the development of training programs for others to ensure POCT competency.
15. Follows through with all POCT troubleshooting aspects including technical and clinical issues.
16. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
17. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the POCT program.
Education: Bachelor\u2019s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of two years Medical Technology experience, POCT experience desirable. Proven ability to interface with cross-section of hospital staff; Physicians, Nurse Managers. Experience with WORD, EXCEL and LIS interfaces.
Training: Needs to orient to POCT procedures and policies
Licensure: American Society of Clinical Pathologists (MT-ASCP) preferred.