To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Access To Healthcare By Performing The Following Services In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner. Ensures The Patient Is Registered, Scheduled And Appropriate Authorizations Are In Place.
Responsibilities: 1. Schedules Patients From A Variety Of Sources And Maintains Schedules. Also Includes But Not Limited To Md Scheduling Changes, Schedule Set Up And Validation. Scheduling May Take Multiple Calls And Conversation With Physicians, Clinical Staff And Patients To Assure Optimal Use Of Schedule, Physician Productivity And Patient Satisfaction.
2. Registers Patients By Obtaining Necessary Documentation For Insurance, Demographic, And Pre-Certification. Stays Current And Demonstrates A Working Knowledge Of Existing Insurance Requirements To Eliminate Denials And Delays In Payment.
3. Prepares Appropriate And Necessary Documentation For Each Patient Visit Base On Type Of Visit. Assures Payment Source Or Arranges / Schedules A Consultation With Financial Counseling.
4. Prepares Documentation For Appointments Whether Paper Or Electronically: Creates New Charts As Needed, Pulls/Files All Records For Visits, And Analyzes Patients? Records For Completeness.
5. Answers Phones As Assigned And Triages Calls Appropriately.
6. Receives And Disseminates Information From Other Departments, Physicians, Patients And Families.
7. Is Responsible For Center Reception; Greets And Works With Patients/Family In A Professional Manner To Exceed The Customer?S Expectation As A Standard Of Excellence.
8. Prepares All Related Forms, Patient Card And Id Bracelet And Advises Patient Of All Preparations Needed In Testing.
9. Processes Requisitions, Collects Payments, And Enters Payments / Charges.
10. Schedules Single/Multiple/Follow Up Procedures Requested For Patient.
11. Arranges Transport Of Patient As Necessary
12. Accomplishes Assignments In A Timely Manner In Accordance With Department Productivity Standards.
13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Is Required With 1 Year Medical Office Or Outpatient Facility In Customer Service Capacity Using Medical Terminology. Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Chaa) Through The National Association Of Healthcare Access Management (Naham) Is Required With 1 Year Of Hire. Must Keep Certification Current.
One Year Minimum Experience In Registration Required; One Year Scheduling Experience Preferred. Strong Keyboarding And Computer Skills; Excellent Communication And Customer Service Sckills; Ability To Problem-Solve And Work Closely In A Team Setting.
Must Demonstrate The Ability To Learn Quickly In A Fast-Paced Environment While Remaining Calm And Focused. Must Be Detail Oriented And Able To Follow Oral And Written Instructions.
Up To Forty (40) Hours Departmental Training For Registration Including Classroom And On-The-Job Training.