To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To Prepare, Season And Cook Meats, Fish, Poultry, Vegetables And Other Menu Items For Hospital, Patients, Employees And Visitors.
Responsibilities: 1. Plans And Organizes Resources To Achieve Effective Nutritional Care.
2. Prepares, Seasons And Cooks Foods Under The Direction Of The Production Manager And/Or First Cook.
3. Measures And Mixes Ingredients According To Recipes.
4. Uses A Variety Of Kitchen Utensils And Equipment Including Grinders, Slicers, Mixers, And Blenders.
5. Ensures That All Foods Prepared Meet Existing Standards For Quality, Freshness, Taste And Appearance.
6. Ensures That Required Sanitary Levels Are Maintained Throughout The Food Preparation Process.
7. Alerts Supervisor To Problems And Needs Concerning Equipment And Food Supplies. Detects And Reports Spoiled Or Unattractive Food, Defective Supplies/Equipment Or Unusual Conditions.
8. Ensures That All Equipment And Utensils And Work Areas, Are Inspected And Maintained For Cleanliness, Sanitation And Proper Operation.
9. Ensures That Required Sanitary Levels Are Maintained Throughout The Food Preparation Process.
10. Maintains Department Records, Reports And Files As Required According To Established Policies, Procedures And Schedules.
11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School, Or Equivalent
Sufficient Previous Experience In Large Scale Food Preparation.
Able To Read, Write And Speak English; Able To Perform Simple Mathematical Calculations, Additions, Subtraction, Multiplication, And Division.
Training In Large Scale Cooking Methods Required.