To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Orthodontist, with the Dental Services Program Directors, participates in operation of the Dental Services Program through oversight and training of residents in the delivery of comprehensive orthodontic care in the outpatient clinics, hospital in-patient care, and operating room treatment; by providing direct patient care; and by coordinating and providing lectures, seminars, and clinical demonstrations to the residents.
Responsible for direct patient care in alignment with Yale New Haven Hospitals Standard of Excellence. Ensures that Dental Services within the span of control demonstrates superior outcome, provides seamless delivery of patient care, and maintains competitive cost structures
- 1. Assists Program Directors in successful oversight of the Dental Services program and Orthodontics within the program.
- 2. Assists Program Directors in establishing resident schedules (didactics and lectures, clinical patient care, operating rooms,) in collaboration with other teaching programs cooperating with Y-NHH dental Services.
- 3. Actively participates in bi-annual evaluations of all residents and visiting students with orthodontia focus.
- 4. In coordination with the Program Directors, ensures an appropriate educational experience for assigned residents by providing oversight of patient care and delivery of educational curriculum.
- 5. Provides direct resident supervision.
- 6. Is actively involved in the Dental Grand Rounds as both presenter and coordinator.
- 7. Participates in the operational success of the department through direct patient care, regulatory compliance and other administrative responsibilities.
- 8. Ensures compliance with ADA, JCAHO, CMS, DPH, CODA and other external agency standards.
- 9. Ensures proper usage and maintenance of the practice equipment by residents and staff
- 10. Participates in hospital administrative committees as requested.
- 11. Supervises and educates on the designs and fabrication of appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires, to alter position and relationship of teeth and jaws, and to realign teeth to produce and maintain normal function.
- 12. Collaborate with residents and Program Directors to analyze patient data to determine patient needs or treatment goals.
- 13. Actively participate in the residents? communication of detailed medical information to patients or family members.
- 14. Instruct Dental officers and dental assistants in orthodontic procedures and techniques.
- 15. Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- 16. Participates in Craniofacial Clinic at YNHH evaluating patients that may require orthodontic treatment.
- 17. Attends and participates in the Orthognathic Surgery Conference
- 18. Works with support and administrative personnel to improve processes and patient flow within the dental clinics.
- 19. Patient recruitment to the office.
- 20. Ensures that you are held accountable for adhering to patient experience standards.
- 21. Ensures that policies,processes and procedures are consistent across Dental locations.
- 22. Models patient experience standards and demonstrates value for all people in the work environment.
D.M.D./D.D.S. or equivalent professional degree.
Certificate in Orthodontics required.
Master?s in Orthodontics preferred
At least three years of continuous Orthodontics experience in an academic or private practice setting. Demonstrated administrative experience in didactic/clinical teaching, research, publications and grant writing
CT Dental License, CT Controlled Substance License Preferred
Superior verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships that
bring a variety of disciplines together, demonstrated scholarship in teaching and curriculum development, proven
track record in developing and enhancing strategic growth initiatives, clinical and educational innovation and work
towards maximizing research output within the department
No special conditions