To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under the supervision of the Imaging Services Administrative Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality MRI images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the Bridgeport Hospital Core Success Factors.
- 1. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex MRI scanner equipment.
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols when imaging and refers to the doctor's exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is performed.
- 2. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety, and satisfaction.
- 2.1 Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient to offer them the emotional support to endure and complete the exam.
- 3. Accurately documents all pertinent patient information including contrast amounts administered, contrast waste, patient lab values and safety issues.
- 3.1 Accurately completes/edits charges for exams.
- 4. Participates in various teaching and learning opportunities in order to further his/her personal knowledge and professional growth.
- 4.1 Keeps current with new imaging protocols and new advanced techniques introduced in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 5. Demonstrate accuracy for safely screening for patients and hospital staff.
- 5.1 Review and verify that the patient safety screener information is accurate to ensure safety prior to the MRI Scan.
- 6. Plans and and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 6.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies developmental theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult pateint as observed by the manager and as indicated by the staff.
- 7. Demonstrate the ablity to effectively communicate pertinent information.
- 7.1 Communicates effectively with patients throughout the exam to ensure cooperation for a quality exam as observed by manager.
- 8. Consults with the radiologist in charge for required exam prior to patient scanning.
- 8.1 Consults with the radiologist prior to patient exam for non-protocol exams as observed by the radiologist feedback.
- 9. Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores
Inpatient Wait Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology program.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
RT(R) required, (MR) perferred. CT State License Required.
Proficient in routine MRI imaging techniques, knowledge of cross section anatomy, computer applications, and good organizational and communication/customer service skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.