To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Carries out therapeutic interventions with psychiatric patients in the context of a group or unit milieu; co-leads treatment groups, observes the condition of the patient and communicates with the team on an ongoing basis concerning the patient?s progress toward prescribed treatment goals and reports any unusual situation or incidents observed. Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- 1. Demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain meaningful therapeutic relationships with patients and maintains a non-judgmental attitude
- 2. Effectively manages crisis situations/routine treatment interactions with due respect for patient rights, legal/ethical obligations and the therapeutic goals of any interventions used
- 3. Assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)as identified in the Treatment Plan.
- 4. Demonstrates the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- 5. Documents patient response to interventions, progress toward goal, and Patient/Family Education at regular intervals in compliance with policy.
- 6. Models appropriate behavior and intervene in a manner that leads to more adaptive behavior and therapeutically manages the Milieu.
- 7. Leads all assigned groups.
- 8. Participates in Unit CQI and Chart QA.
- 9. Follows all of the Standards of Professional Behavior
- 10. Performs safety rounds
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Bachelor?s Degree in Psychology or related field required. Will consider other degrees with a minimum of four years of directly related experience.
CPI training within 1 yr of employment