To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Director of YNHH Sleep Medicine and works collaboratively with Yale Medicine Chief of Sleep Medicine and Medical Director of Sleep Medicine, hospital and physician leadership, physicians, clinical staff, and hospital departments to ensure goals and objectives are successfully met. Responsible for providing leadership, program development and management, operational direction, financial oversight, marketing, and strategic planning. Works collaboratively with YNHH and YNHHS clinical colleagues, hospital, and university administration in evaluating and developing business partnerships and programmatic support thereby providing quality clinical outcomes, implementing process improvement projects, managing costs, and ensuring profitability. Responsible for daily operations, personnel management, fiscal management, clinical policy development, marketing, and strategic initiatives of the Sleep Medicine program.
- 1. Clinical Management
- 1.1 Monitor staff compliance with YNHH policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, as well as with systems and processes developed to enhance patient care.
- 2. Leadership:
- 2.1 Promotes the organization to all customers through communication of Yale New Haven Hospital's mission and values.
- 3. Customer Service:
- 3.1 Achieve excellence in delivery of service by appropriately involving patients, families, physicians, customers, and staff to ensure commitment and high quality care.
- 4. Outcomes Management:
- 4.1 Ensure that desired clinical outcomes are achieved through cost effective and efficient processes.
- 5. Financial Management
- 5.1 Understands and assists in the development of departmental budgets to ensure the delivery of cost-effective quality care. In conjunction with leadership, prepares departmental non-salary, salary, capital, and operational budgets. Monitors department expenditure performance against approved budgets to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and/or Allied Health Related field (RRT) required.
Three (3) to five (5) years clinical practice experience required. Two(2) to four (4) years of demonstrated leadership/supervisory/management experience required. Experience in sleep medicine preferred.
Current Connecticut licensure required
Ability to manage various levels of clinical and support staff. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent communication and clinical skills. Must have the ability to develop relationships, work collaboratively and effectively in partnership with physicians, clinical staff, hospital departments, and outside organizations. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems in order to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes and capable of implementing concepts. Ability to lead and motivate work teams and implement change as required.
Exposure to biohazardous blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing, walking, and lifting required