To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
A registered nurse who provides ongoing assessment, planning, intervention, treatment and evaluation for REACH patients seeking care for psychiatric/mental health/behavioral problems and/or substance abuse. Job responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Clinically assess REACH patients who present with complaints related to Psychiatric/Mental Health/Behavioral concerns or substance abuse.
- 1.1 Demonstrates advance skill in interviewing, observing and collecting healthcare information and assessment on admission.
- 2. Collaborates withMulti-disciplinary treatment team to develop treatment plans for patients.
- 2.1 Performs psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis based on evaluation.
- 3. Provides communication and coordination of treatment plans using clear and concise documentation on the patient's medical record.
- 3.1 Assures patient's rights and safety are maintained.
- 4. Obtains pre-certification and authorization for all patients.
- 4.1 Appropriately identifies patients insurance status and obtains accurate authorization prior to admissions.
Registered Nurse with Master's Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
Minimum 3 to 5 years clinical experience related to Psychiatric/Mental Health nursing.
Certified in Psychiatric/Mental Health nursing as clinical specialist
Certified as a Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) in the State of Connecticut.