To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex Diagnostic Imaging equipment.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
- 1. Performs quality and efficient ultrasound imaging in order to assist with a patient's diagnostic workup.
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols and/or physician's specific prescriptions when imaging, and the role of repeat examinations due to noncompliance is less than 0%, as observed by supervisor's/manger's review.
- 2. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety and satisfaction.
- 2.1 Thoroughly explains the procedure and ensures patient physical and emotional comfort, as observed by the supervisor/manager, and noted by patient complaints.
- 3. Performs various recordkeeping, customer service functions and communicates feedback in order to ensure goals of the department are met and operation runs efficiently.
- 3.1 Correctly completes charges for examinations, to ensure proper billing, as observed by input from scheduling/reporting manager.
- 4. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her own personal knowledge and to assist in expanding the knowledge of others.
- 4.1 Is receptive to teaching technologists, student technologists and physicians in Ultrasound, as observed by the supervisor and input provided from these students.
- 5. Employee follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
- 5.1 Operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner, following all procedures are viewed at initial orientation, with no more than one non serious variances in this evaluation period.
- 6. Employee's general standards of performance and conduct conform to Hospital policy so that the best possible patient care may be provided to the patient.
- 6.1 Interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees are fostered in a courteous and friendly manner with no more than one valid complaints in a 12 month period, as evidenced by patient satisfaction surveys, patient interviews, physician and employee input.
Associates Degree and/or education required to obtain RDMS certification, or 10+ years experience specifically in perinatal imaging.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine sonography
One (1) years' practical experience in Ultrasound or related field. Requires ARDMS registration in OB/GYN by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)."
RDMS (OB) Eligible. Nucal Translucency preferred. Must successfully obtain RDMS & RDMS OB certification within one year of hire.
Knowledge of anatomy, pathology and Ultrasound equipment, Competence in obtaining adequate sonographic images and discriminating images selected for interpretation. Skill in the interpretation of anatomical and pathological content of images.