To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Meeting Service excellence standards the Diagnostic Radiology Scheduler is responsible for timely,accurate and professional scheduling of Imaging procedures across all YNHH Imaging sites ensuring all clinical information, patient demographics, and physician demographics are documented . The position is also responsible for ensuring Medical necessity associated with ICD#9 codes have met 3 party payor guidelines for optiminum reimbursement .
- 1. Provides accurate and timely Scheduling of All Outpatient Imaging requests
- 1.1 Ensures exams are scheduled in the appropriate resource
- 2. Responds to incoming calls from the ACD system meeting productivity requirements related to number of calls , calls missed/refused etc.
- 2.1 Identifies areas of individual improvement related to Call receives and handled
- 3. Ensures all Non Electronic Imaging requests are transcribed into the EMR and Hard copy requistions are scanned into the appropriate patient record
- 3.1 Ensures all Non electronic orders are transcribed into EMR timely and accurately
- 4. Ensures patient and Physician demographics have been updated at the time of scheduling
- 4.1 Identifies when physicians are NOT in the EMR data base and follows procedures to ensure results are accurately routed
- 5. Meets productivity standards related to number of procedures scheduled as identified in EMR
- 5.1 Monitors performance and productivity to ensure standards are consistently met
- 6. Follows performance guidelines and scripts related to phone etiquette
- 6.1 Answers all calls professionally identifying self and department
- 7. Identifies and documents patient insurance and follows guidelines related to Pre Authorization notification
- 7.1 Notifies PFAS/registration staff when exams are scheduled within 48 hours
- 8. Offers recommendations and /or QA initiative for improving team performance
- 8.1 Identifies ways to improve telephone response times
Associate Degree and/or Equivalent direct experience in a Healthcare setting involving Scheduling, Coding, or Pre Certification required.
3 years revelvant or equivalent experience in direct administrative clerical responsibilities in a Healthcare facility and/or office. Experience scheduling healthcare related appointments requiring clinical documentation and medical necessity as identified by 3 rd party payors.
Excellent telephone communication, interpersonal and organization skills.. Must have the ability to quickly move through computer applications with accurate documentation and follow written and oral instructions . Ability to work professionally in a high volume environment remaining personable and calm. Must be flexible and willing to embrace change and a role model for service excellence. Good organizational and prioritization skills required to ensure appropriate coordination and collaboration when scheduling multiple appointments in multiple modalities.