To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion -
must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A clinical expert capable of generating new business, responsible for pursuing short and long term business aligned
with growth, revenue and margin targets. Uses clinical expertise and knowledge to navigate the future of specialty
pharmacy with a focus on future disease state planning, education and outcomes. Responsible for growth of client
business, creation of business development plans, identification of internal /external clients/customers, fostering
relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders in the health system and beyond. Lead proposal development ,
associated presentations and strategic discussions with Corporate Finance, Payor strategies and system pharmacy
1. Provide strategic guidance and oversight for all clinical aspects of the specialty pharmacy program along with
clinical decision making.
2. Generate new business and responsible for pursuing short and long term business aligned with growth ,
revenue and margin targets.
3. Utilize clinical pipeline data analytics, future disease state planning, and network participation and
manufacturer relations responsible for growth of business.
4. Responsible for creation of business development plans, identification of internal /external clients/customers,
fostering relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders.
5. Lead proposal development, associated presentations and strategic discussions with Corporate Finance and
Payor Strategies to identify specialty pharmacy business opportunity and negotiate as appropriate.
6. Coordinate with leadership, pharmacy, and operations, legal and finance to develop business contracts
including negotiation and finalization of contracts. After contract is finalized, designed, developed, Associate
Director will lead collaboration to create business plan to support implementation accordingly
7. Communicate with leadership, develop marketing strategy and tactics for all forms of specialty /retail
business including academic exchanges, employee, employer, medical/prescription benefit managers, and
8. Collaborate with Corporate Human Resources, Payor strategies, and Finance to ensure cohesive business
execution including request for proposals, business awards, contracts as well as adherence to requirements
for associated metrics, reporting, dash-boarding, and other contractual requirements as appropriate.
9. Involved in key clinical decision making regarding Limited Distribution Medications, strategic drug pipeline
monitoring and development and maintenance of outcomes data.
10. Collaborate internally with operations team to standardize/optimize workflows for improved efficiency and
effectiveness of pharmacy services.
11. Develop in collaboration with specialty pharmacy leadership a CRM based methodology for management of
internal and external stakeholders.
12. Fosters open inter- and interdepartmental communication between staff and managers. Participates in
departmental, organizational and health system committees related to specialty pharmacy services along
with the Director, Specialty and Retail Pharmacy Services provides a strategic plan for Specialty Pharmacy
Services Growth for all affiliates and members of the Health System and the patients they serve .
13. Administers human resources policies and procedures in accordance with hospital and departmental policy.
Communicates the status of projects, operations, staff concerns, and problems to the Director on a weekly
basis or more frequently as needed.
14. Complies with all aspects of the hospital's patient/customer relations program. Demonstrates
professionalism in all activities, as measure by a concern for patient care, the ability to listen /cooperate,
showing flexibility under stress, the ability to help others, and the ability to set and achieve goals.
15. Manage business development, identifying opportunities for improvement, initiating new and sustaining
existing programs to achieve planned revenue/margins. Strategically plan future business through
partnerships with strategic partners.
16. Establish a succession process/plan for development of leadership positions and increased staff engagement
that improves communications, builds teamwork, and optimizes job functions to maximize efficiency.
17. Lead, develop and direct Community residency program
18. Evaluate, assess and plan options for business management approaches; be a strong decision -maker who
measures and seeks objective answers. Gather information by participating, sampling the opinions of those
closest to the business to assure that plans, decisions and management are very connected and conducive
to the business. Plan with clear goals and expectations that contribute to both efficiency and effectiveness in
results as guiding standards.
19. Accountable for working with Sr. Leadership team to understand feasibility of ope-rationalizing new business
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy. Advanced degree (M.S. or Pharm.D.) Advanced degree or Business
degree in addition to Pharm.D. highly preferred (e.g. MS, MBA, MPH). Completion of an ASHP Accredited Pharmacy
Practice Residency Program, PGY-2 in administration or specialty area preferred.
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
Capable of negotiating contacts, along with strategizing, researching new business and execution of opportunities .
Strong clinical understanding and experience in the field of pharmacy (specialty preferred). Knowledge and
understanding of specialty pharmacy book of business. Strong orientation and commitment to external and internal
customer service; ability to work in a self-directed environment; excellent ability to problem solve; to successfully
look at system improvements in the clinical and business areas and interact with other disciplines and departments ;
excellent oral and written communication skills , strong critical thinking skills; excellent organizational skills, ability
to prioritize /follow-up; excellent ability to manage in a fast-paced growing environment; proven leadership ability;
ability to work effectively within Health System supporting Specialty Pharmacy Services. Project management ,
problem solving skills are required and must be demonstrated through past experience. Knowledge of automation
technologies in retail pertinent to medication use is strongly preferred. Has expertise in patient management.
ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or
other areas of accountability):
COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors
inherent in the responsibilities of this position):
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right
thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences),
accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).
Active Pharmacist license in the State of CT
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
Internal travel between the delivery networks