To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Pharmacy, Oncology Services, the Medication Assistance Program Coordinator is responsible for managing all duties of the pharmaceutical industries medication patient assistance recovery programs for YNHH. This includes identification and qualification of patients eligible for medication patient assistance programs.
- 1. Identification and qualification of patients eligible for medication patient assistance programs
- 2. Ensures that all drug recovery received is properly documented, maintains files and documentation of claim submittals
- 3. Interfaces with program administrators for reimbursement assistance programs sponsored by the drug manufacturer
- 4. Keeps up-to-date of all changes in a particular patient assistance medication recovery program
- 5. Develops and maintains close interface with all components of the reimbursement process, including key hospital departments
- 6. Ensures that patient specific reimbursement related information is obtained and available for review and for tracking of replacement product
- 7. Monitors trends and reasons for denied claims and takes action to resolve issues that interfere with drug recovery reimbursement
- 8. Maintains database comprised of receivables, problems, standard forms and letteres and manufacturers that offer medication patient assistance reimbursement programs
- 9. Tracks, documents, and reports out cost savings associated with patient assistance drug recovery programs, and provides updates to pharmacy management on medication reimbursement opportunities
- 10. Assists with the development of drug recovery reimbursement policies and procedures pertinent to the area of medication drug recovery
- 11. Maintains and updates indigent drug reimbursement program information and coordinates distribution of new program information to appropriate personnel
- 12. Provides report to pharmacy management regarding shortcomings and corrective action when variances occur
- 13. Reviews drug reimbursement accounts for appropriateness
- 14. Establishes business relationships with appropriate hospital financial personnel and other pertinent hospital departments as required
- 15. Assists with the develpment of reimbursement policies and procedures pertinent to the area of drug recovery
- 16. Catalogs existing information gathered from pharmaceutical companies and payers and keeps pharmacy administration informed of significant changes
Requires broad training in fields such as medical office administration, pharmacy technician, social services or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of associate's degree program, or pharmacy technician program.
3-5 years experieince as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy buyer or related health care experience.
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask/change tasks frequently and quickly. Knowledge of drug products preferred. Knowledge of requirements of the pharmaceutical industries Medication Patient Assistance Programs is helpful. Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.
Prior experience as Pharmacy Technician , social worker or patient advocate (preferred)