To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties using complex imaging equipment to produce quality radiographic images. All duties performed in accordance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures. To meet the staffing needs of the department, staff may be assigned to any area of the radiology locations regardless of the regularly assigned work location.
The medical staff determines the qualifications of the radiology staff who use equipment and administer procedures.
- 1. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, demonstrates independent judgment and has minimal downtime.
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols and refers to the source document to ensure the correct exam is performed.
- 2. Actively participates in workflow activities in order to ensure the goals of the department are met and runs efficiently
- 2.1 Assists schedulers, physicians, nursing and other appropriate staff with scheduling, obtaining requisitions or pre-authorization, patient preparation instructions, and other exam-related communications.
- 3. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety and satisfaction. Demonstrates accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for service excellence.
- 3.1 Thoroughly explains various procedures to the patient and offer emotional support.
- 4. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure exam charges are properly billed and communicates feedback.
- 4.1 Consistently selects the correct patient from the worklist.
- 5. Educational activities - Participates in various teaching, learning, and research opportunities in order to further professional knowledge and expertise or to assist in expanding knowledge of others.
- 5.1 Is receptive to teaching newly -hired technologist as observed by supervisor or input from staff.
Graduate of State Board Approved School of Technology.
Worked in general radiography, emergency settings, OR and fluoroscopy
State of Connecticut Radiography License and hold ARRT certification
Working in a normal clinical Radiology environment to include all procedures and exams in a hospital setting as well as being proficient in synapse technology. Six months (trial period).
Average Radiology conditions.
Lifting of medium weight objects. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures for most of the day.