To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The MRI Tech 3 will be an active participant as a lead in the following: ACR Accreditation, quality control, orientation and training of all staff, coordinating of MRI safety initiatives, working with the radiologists on protocol development and clinical trials, and will be assigned as the charge technologist in the absence of the Coordinator/ Manager. Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology Manager and/ or Coordinator, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality MRI images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Service Excellence Pledge Standards. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, MRI staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH MRI locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, is proficient with advanced imaging , demonstrates independent judgment, and has minimal inactive scanner utilization. Able to train and assist others as needed.
- 1.1 Follows routine and advanced protocols when imaging and refers to the doctor's exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is performed. Is capable of building scan protocols utilizing the correct options with the correct pulse sequence. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure optimal quality imaging.
- 2. Performs all Tech 3 responsibilities efficiently, provides effective communication to Manager/ Coordinator and staff of process changes for the section, and coordinates all new and ongoing training of all staff.
- 2.1 Coordinates and instructs staff in departmental monthly inservice education programs.
- 3. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety, and satisfaction. Demonstrates 100% accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for Service Excellence.
- 3.1 Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient to offer them the emotional support to endure and complete the exam.
- 4. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure the exam changes are properly billed and communicates feedback in order to ensure that the department's goals are met and operations runs efficiently.
- 4.1 Consistently selects the right patient data from the worklist for the data to be accurate.
- 5. Participates in various teaching and learning opportunities in order to further his/ her personal knowledge. Actively functions as a mentor to new employees by participating in the orientation process.
- 5.1 Attends at least 5 training inservices per year as recorded on the MRI yearly technical competency.
- 6. To enhance the Patient Experience in Diagnostic Radiology, all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Tests and Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 6.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner. Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Centered Experience.
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiology program. A.S. required, B.S. preferred.
Minimum three(3) years of Magnetic Resonance Imaging experience with highly developed and advanced technical skills, preferrably working in a high volume acute care setting, and the candidate may be an YNHH MRI Tech 1 or MRI Tech 2 for a minimum of one (1) year Outside supervisory experience preferred. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills,
ARRT, CT state license and MRI board certification required. CPR Certification preferred.
Proficient in advanced MRI imaging techniques, above average knowledge of computer applications, and demonstrates exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.