To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the System Director, Patient Experience, this person will serve as a member of the patient experience team to drive patient experience strategy for Yale New Haven Health and Yale Medicine. The consultant will help execute the vision and action plan that will allow Yale New Haven Health and Yale Medicine to remain a leader in the region and set the standard among its peers, for excellent consumer and patient experience.
- 1. Serves as an organizational lead for patient experience by serving as an internal consultant, providing expert knowledge of best practices, quality improvement theory/methodologies, statistical analysis of patient feedback data, and problem solving to improve patient experiences. Serves as patient experience spokesperson, with patient/family advisory, for new employee orientation.
- 2. Leads and works with team members and management teams across the system to excel in achieving CAHPS, Patient Experience, and Service goals set by the organization with focus on high reliability, patient engagement, team member & physician engagement and excellent customer service.
- 3. Responsible to support various patient experience committees and forums. Responsible to lead and guide patient experience committees and workgroups to implement patient experience strategies and achieve patient experience goals. Serves as a knowledge expert in the field of patient and family experience and engagement.
- 4. Influences and communicates with all levels of clinical, financial and operational management concerning goals and progress, as well as coaches and leads front line team members to change behavior and practice.
- 5. Serves as organizational lead person for assigned processes and initiatives under the umbrella of patient experience. Processes and initiatives under umbrella of patient experience may change from year to year, and may include but are not limited to internal coaches; reward and recognition; quiet hospital, service recovery, discharge phone call program, patient and family advisor program administration.
- 6. Partners with coordinator of patient and family engagement to support patient and family engagement within assigned service lines and for meeting organizational and divisional goals related to patient and family engagement. Serves as patient experience liaison to patient and family advisory councils within assigned service areas, providing support to councils, and ensuring that operational and logistical needs of councils and advisory are met. Supports all patient and family engagement activities within assigned service lines.
- 7. Participates in system-wide task forces and committees to provide patient experience input, makes focused recommendations with an eye for best in class patient experience performance.
Master?s degree in a health care discipline, public health administration or related field pertinent to this role strongly preferred. Bachelor?s degree required. Six Sigma or performance improvement training desired.
3-5 years of experience in a hospital environment with progressively increasing responsibilities. Experience in data analysis, statistics and performance improvement required. Experience working in partnership with patients and families.
A passion for improving the delivery of health care across the continuum of care. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven exemplary customer service skills. Excellent administrative, organizational and project management skills.