To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide the communication link among physicians, hospital personnel, patients and visitors in an internal and external communications network using patient information computer system, answering service computer system, radio paging terminal and computerized attendant console. Responsibilities include the processing of
incoming and outgoing phone calls, physician answering service, processing all Emergency Life Safety codes ,
monitoring and reporting alarms, and paging via voice and radio paging systems. Typing and retrieving messages from computers. Must be flexible to work week days, evenings, night, weekends and holiday shift if needed.
- 1. Alerts appropriate personnel and departments in an emergency situation.
- 1.1 Answers code line on first ring.
- 2. Answers all calls.
- 2.1 Answers each call by the fourth ring.
- 3. Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
- 3.1 Demonstrates courteous and positive customer relations on the phone when dealing with patients, the
public, medical staff and hospital employees
- 4. Maintains on-call schedules of hospital personnel for evenings, nights, and weekends.
- 4.1 Completes schedules by the first day of his/her assigned month with 95-100% accuracy.
HIgh School Graduate or GED required.
Experience answering telephones in a high call volume environment preferred. Knowledge of Avaya, Amcom and/or Cisco software preferred. Experience utilizing computers in an office environment required.
Ability to type at least 25 WPM. Ability to function successfully in a team environment. Possess the interest and drive to learn about new communications equipment.
Sitting for the majority of time within console room. Making use of headset style answering device on or in ear (s).
Considerable amount of mental stress depending on amount of call traffic and /or message taking. Can be a high stress position requiring complete concentration during emergency situations.