To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the administration, organization, operation and educational activities of the Department of Patient Transport on both the YNHH and St Raphael campuses. Has responsibility for maintaining a high standard of quality and efficient patient care and fostering the growth and development of staff. Serves as the official representative of the department and patient relations to ensure efficient and coordinated inpatient flow throughout the Hospital. Prepares and monitors operating and capital budgets for both campuses. Provides administrative oversight for the School Based Health Clinics and community outreach activities.
- 1. Ensures that the Patient Transportation Service and all related programs are successful in meeting the
expectations of our patients and customers by routinely meeting with the clinical leaders throughout
YNHH, and developing mutually agreed upon service level expectations.
- 2. Responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Patient Transport safety and quality initiatives, including applicable policies and procedures.
- 3. Responsible for the maintenance of existing equipment and such contractual services as may be required .
Coordinates departmental purchasing, including price and contract negotiations.
- 4. Interprets and administers hospital policies as they relate to the department and develops policies within the framework of hospital policies, and within all relevant guidelines form CMS, DPH, TJC and all other regulatory agencies.
- 5. Responsible for ongoing department process and performance improvement projects within the department and regarding departmental interfaces with other areas.
- 6. Collaborates and communicates regularly and effectively with nursing leadership, and other interdisciplinary teams necessary to provide an effective service.
- 7. Responsible for all Human Resource aspects of the department. Coordinates recruitment selection and appointment of necessary personnel. Responsible for all management exempt professional staff to include career development, annual goal setting, performance asessment, and succession planning.
- 8. Serves as a member on Safe Patient Flow Steering Committee, Transforming Patient Care and Service Excellence Steering Committees. Participates as an active member on other various committees and hospital management teams related to patient care and employee engagement.
- 9. Responsible for development of long-range strategic plan for the department
- 10. Coordinates Capital Budget submissions from all sections into overall capital budget request. Inputs requests, priorities, and approvals into StrataJazz.
- 11. Develops, secures approval of, and administers departmental operating and capital budgets.
- 12. Responsible for the development, ongoing evaluation, documentation, and sign-off of all manager, supervisor, and coordinator yearly performance goals and assessments. Also responsible for the selection, training and development of Lead Transport staff.
- 13. Ensures regulatory readiness and compliance with all state, local and federal standards. Participates in audits and remedies all findings and recommendations.
- 14. Responsible for projects as needed to include, but not limited to, performance improvement, six sigma projects, works with managers and quality performance lead to ensure ongoing process improvement.
- 15. Develops departmental goals and innovative programs with management staff to maintain high quality and effiicient services. Exercises authority to accomplish agreed upon goals.
- 16. Responsible for Service Excellence initiatives and deployment in the department. Investigates and evaluates patient complaints and issues.
- 17. Facilitates all Patient Transport staff disciplinary issues. Assists management team with employee warnings, consults with employee relations as to final warnings and discharges.
- 18. Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
- 19. Manages the implementation and utilization of modern technology systems and devices for patient flow and volume tracking.
- 20. Ensures the training, compliance, and sustainment of HRO principles and practices within department.
- 21. Serves as official deparmental representative with respect to correspondence and interdepartmental liason to service lines.
- 22. Responsible for metric tracking to ensure DOR metrics are achieved and support patient thorughput
- 23. Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- 24. Provides administrative oversight for YNHH School Based Health Clinics and community outreach programs.
Masters degree required in Business, Public or Hospital Administartion or the equivalent.
Seven (7) to ten (10) years of management experience in a healthcare setting, academic medical center preferred.
Excellent written, oral communication and leadership skills. Training in lean/Six Sigma, Green Belt preferred.