To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Billing Supervisor, has responsibility for performing a variety of clerical functions to ensure accurate and timely billing Occupational Health patients/third party payers for services rendered.
- 1. Responsible for taking all incoming calls, assisting with issues and forwarding calls to appropriate parties when necessary.
- 2. Obtains missing and/or inaccurate billing information which could include but not be limited to claim information, incorrect injury date, or demographic information from client companies and/or their insurance representatives in the time specified in department guidelines to ensure accurate and timely billing of services. Runs appropriate reports to capture this information on a daily basis.
- 3. Assists in reviewing electronic billing reports identifying missing and/or inaccurate information providing the information as specified in department guidelines
- 4. Assists bill staff with obtaining missing explanation of reviews and mailing of daily injury invoices and bi-monthly screening invoices
- 5. Audits down-coded charges. Prepares down-coding spreadsheet
- 6. Acts as backup for billing and collections staff as needed.
- 7. Responsible for adhering to all departmental and YNHHS System Policies and procedures. Demonstrates the necessary interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork. Is dependable and is able to work independently.
High school graduate or equivalent.
At least two (2) to three (3) years accounts receivable, collections and/or billing process experience.
Proficient in basic mathematical skills. Demonstrates excellence in knowledge and ability to use various computer software packages, as well as knowledge in the State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation Program.