To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Northeast Purchasing Coalition (NPC) is a new regional supply network covering Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. The NPC includes approximately 33 members representing approximately 115 hospitals. This supply network will represent over $1.5B in combined annual supply purchases.
The network will work with VHA Inc. and act as a single entity in order to drive savings, improved supply utilization and supply chain efficiency. Yale New Haven Health Services Corp. will be providing a portion of the contracting services and the primary provider of clinical value analysis services on behalf of the NPC. The NPC will be governed by supply executives with a strong set of operating guidelines and overseen by a Board of Senior Executives.
Develop and oversee, in conjunction with YNHHS Supply Chain Leadership and VHA NPC Leadership, this role will develop and monitor the operations of NPC Clinical Value Analysis program.
Facilitate and develop the NPC Clinical Advisory Committee, Clinical subcommittees and Clinical Involvement process. Facilitate the development of clinical product evaluation criteria and a product evaluation process through the Clinical Advisory Committee. Plan for and facilitate NPC team meetings. Interact with and present to VHA, YNHHS and NPC member leadership including Supply Chain executives, CMOs', CNOs', Physicians and NPC Board. Perform independent clinical research, develop clinical evaluation tools and clinical communication plans, develop clinical implementation plans, develop graphics, presentations and reports as appropriate to assist the NPC members in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results. Provide clinical subject matter expertise as well as an in-depth understanding of hospital operations.
- 1. Assist the NPC Operations Committee in fully understanding the clinical implications, the appropriate stakeholders, the ease of conversion, the product evaluation criteria/process, and the clinical implementation considerations of the product/service category under review.
- 2. Develop content and agenda for the NPC Clinical Advisory Committee, the Clinical Subcommittees and the Clinical Involvement process. Facilitate all team meetings.
- 3. Establish, with the Clinical Advisory Committee, a streamlined method for evaluating clinical products, including physician preference products, with a goal of high levels of standardization and quality related to product/service selection and ultimately high levels of compliance with the resulting clinical and financial recommendation.
- 4. Provide educational programs to physicians and staff regarding supply reduction principles. Research and remain abreast of new products/technology, including cost and outcomes. Maintain and communicate standardization/utilization financial performance measurements. Communicate performance and outcomes of teams to NPC Operations Committee and NPC Board.
- 5. In all situations ensure that the NPC Operations Committee recommendations meet and advance patient safety and quality goals and other regulatory requirements.
- 6. Enhance knowledge base through continuous education/certification as well as staying abreast of current topics through relevant reading material.
- 7. Provide clinical and strategic expertise that facilitates supply expense management while continuously improving all processes that support patient care, education and research.
- 8. Appropriately understand resources available to accomplish overall goals and utilize those resources effectively. Resources include, but are not limited to, YNHHS Value Analysis process, templates and expertise, VHA Value Analysis process, templates and expertise, Member Value Analysis process, templates and expertise, clinical networking, external data sources (ie, ECRI, AORN, Other publications), etc.
Masters in business or heathcare required. CNOR, CRCST, CHE, CAN and/or CNAA, CCRN or TNCC desirable
Minimum of 10 years healthcare experience required. Management experience required. Clinical team facilitation experience required. Excellent project management experience required. Excellent written communication skills required. OR clinician experience preferred. Financial experience preferred. Clinical Value Analysis experience and/or closely equivalent experience associated with Supply Chain required. Ability to create and deliver presentations to large multi-disciplinary groups required. Product / Clinical research experience preferred
Current RN license required.
Knowledge of leadership principles/concepts required. Knowledge of budgetary concepts required. Product/Clinical research skills. Very strong facilitation and negotiation skills. Ability to act as a change agent. Ability to function in environmental ambiguity. Excellent verbal, non verbal and written communication skills including formal presentations and report writing. Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Ability to interact with persons at all levels of the organization including executive team and Board of Directors as well as front line clinicians. Experience in cost containment and expense management activities
Proven management skills, including planning and development, project management, and performance and quality management. Demonstrated analytical experience
Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to drive consensus. Strong communication skills which will encompass both oral and written including the ability to give presentations to physicians, clinicians, and administrators. Demonstrated problem-resolution skills. Understands inter-workings of clinical and operational activities in a healthcare setting. Understands inter-workings of supply chain activities in a healthcare setting. Ability to interact and manage relationships with vendors.
Required to routinely travel within 6-state northeast region (CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, Maine).
Responsible for developing clinical value analysis strategy and deploying this strategy on behalf of a $1.5-2B supply spend organization, comprised of > 30 entities and > 100 individual hospitals. Responsible to collaborate with the NPC members, VHA, and YNHHS Supply Chain to accomplish the NPC Board driven goals.