To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting To The Director Of Pharmacy, Plans, Organizes And Manages Overall Day To Day Operations Of Oncology Pharmacy Services. The Lead Clinical Oncology Pharmacist Is Expected To Also Staff As An Oncology Pharmacist.
- 1. Provides Project Management And Appropriate Delegation Of Responsibility For Effective Daily Pharmacy Operations.
- 2. Supports The Expectations For Short Term And Long-Term Pharmacy Initiatives Outlined By The Annual Organizational Plan Set By Leadership.
- 3. Develops And Maintains Accountability Systems For Pharmacy Services Providing Directions, Training And Evaluation Of Staff In The Oncology Services.
- 4. Serves As A Liaison Between It, Medical, Nursing, And Allied Health Staff And The Pharmacy Department.
- 5. Collaborates With Director Of Pharmacy To Ensure Proper Fiscal Management Of Pharmacy Operation.
- 6. Actively Participates In Meetings And Conferences Relative To Medication Management And Pharmacy Support Services.
- 7. Manages Application Support Initiatives And/Or Administrative Support Initiatives That Impact Pharmacy Operations.
- 8. Participates In Developing And Supporting The Fiscal Goals Of The Pharmacy Operations.
- 9. Trains And Assesses Competency Of Pharmacy Personnel And Direct Oversight Of Daily Activities.
- 10. Works With Director Of Pharmacy To Conduct Performance Reviews In An Effective And Timely Manner, With Consideration For Career Ladders And Growth.
- 11. Assures Proper Assignment And Scheduling Of Department Employees With Appropriate Delegation Of Responsibilities.
- 12. Assists In Reporting And Oversight Of Narcotic Distribution And Reporting Of Diversion, Delegation Of Responsibilities To Assure Proper Handling Of Controlled Drug Products Throughout The Organization.
- 13. Duties As Assigned To Provide Comprehensive Medication Management Within The Organization.
- 14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 16. Manages Procurement, Preparation, Compounding, And Dispensing. Creates An Environment That Is Dedicated To Patient Safety For All Oncology Therapy Provided At The Cancer Center.
- 17. Manages The Department?S Continuous Attention To Preventing Drug Related Problems, Medication Counseling/Education To Staff And Patients And Daily Clinical Pharmacy Monitoring Appropriate To The Care Of Patients.
- 18. Implements Best Practices While Maintaining Compliance With Standards, Regulations, Policies, And Procedures In Outpatient Oncology, Including Usp 797/800 Standards, Quality Improvement, Patient Safety Standards, And Pharmacy Regulations And Standards Of Practice For Proper Pharmaceutical Services.
- 19. Performs All Duties Of Clinical Oncology Staff Pharmacist.
- 20. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 21. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor?S Degree From An Accredited College Of Pharmacy Required. Master?S Degree Or Pharm.D. Preferred. Ashp Residency Or Accredited Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist Is Preferred. Related Graduate Course Of Study In Business Administration Or Finance Is Highly Desirable Or Related Managerial Experience Is Preferred. Related Oncology Experience In An Inpatient Or Outpatient Oncology Service Required.
Two (2) Years Of Experience As A Hospital Pharmacist And Pharmacy Lead Required. Inpatient And Outpatient Experience Preferred
Current State Licensure As Registered Pharmacist
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.