To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A professional registered nurse responsible and accountable for providing nursing care to patients and their families by utilizing the nursing process, and in accordance with standards identified by The American Nurse?s Association, and The Association of Critical Care Nursing. The registered nurse is expected to provide primary nursing care for patients and assume responsibility for nursing process by assessment, plan of care, intervention, and evaluation.
- 1. Clinical Competence in Patient Care
- 1.1 Complies with patient safety standards
- 2. Safety administers medications and IV therapies
- 2.1 Adheres to the 5 R?s of medication administrations and has knowledge of medications administered
- 3. Professional Behavior and Growth
- 3.1 Demonstrates evidence of professional growth by education thru attendance at seminars and in-services related to field of practice, and on hospital and unit committees
- 4. Fosters Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 4.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 5. Identifies and contributes to Performance Improvement Opportunities
- 5.1 Participates in performance improvement initiatives, indentifying opportunities for improvement, looking at best practices
- 6. Appropriately Utilizes Resources
- 6.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests
- 7. Supports Activities for Exceptional Customer Service
- 7.1 Demonstrates a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets (Dignity + Respect, Information Sharing, Participation, Collaboration) of Patient Family and Centered Partnership
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2-3 years med surg experience. Previous experience in Cath Lab/Critical Care required.
Current RI license/registration BLS Currents certification ACLS certification