To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Patient Access Representative are usually the first people to meet/ greet patients. As the ?Face? of the hospital, it is critical that Patient Access Representative 1) present a welcoming and receptive demeanor to patients, visitors, and staff, and 2) insure that every patient registered for care is properly identified. Processes patient payments on accounts at cash window; handles inquiries from patients or their representatives at cash window and/or refers them to appropriate Patient Account Representatives; performs daily cash receipt deposit functions.
- 1. Quality
- 1.1 Achieve and maintain a Department registration information completeness/accuracy of 95% as defined and measured on the individual work plan.
- 2. Support customer satisfaction initiatives as defined in the annual individual work plan.
- 2.1 External Customers (Patients, Families, Guests, Visitors):
- 3. Finance
- 3.1 Facilitate Time of Service (TOS) Collection as directed by Hospital and Department policy and procedures and meet all TOS standards as defined by the individual work plan.
- 4. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- 4.1 All required safety education programs have been attended.
- 5. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- 5.1 Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, and correct use of protective barrier equipment.
- 6. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patient, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- 6.1 Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner as observed by supervisor.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required. B.S./ B.A. or A.A. degree, or some college preferred.
Experience in a professional setting with customer service responsibility preferred.
A.A.H.A.M. Certification as Certified Patient Accounts Technician (C.P.A.T.) preferred. Continuous demonstration of team orientation and customer focused behaviors.