To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Manager, Sleep Center is a clinically competent professional who directs and delivers care to a patient population from pediatric to geriatric, as defined in department specific standards. Is responsible for the operational management of the Sleep Center Department to support the continuum of patient care in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the hospital. Demonstrates leadership through collaboration, customer service, communication and team work. Works with the Director, Oncology Services and Medical Director to plan, prioritize and implement Department goals and objectives. Works cooperatively with hospital leadership, staff, and physicians to effectively manage the Department. Manages the Sleep Lab environment to ensure patient and staff safety.
- 1. Is responsible for the operations of the Sleep Center Department.
- 2. Is responsible for the selection of new employees and performance management.
- 3. Prepares and maintains the employee work schedule.
- 4. Ensures orientation of new staff as well as annual competency testing. Identifies ongoing education needs for the Department including new procedures and/or equipment. Functions as a resource for the staff by maintaining his/her own clinical competency.
- 5. Prepares and maintains necessary statistical data, reports, directories, and memoranda as required.
- 6. Prepares and administers the annual departmental budget.
- 7. Is responsible for the ordering and day to day maintenance of equipment and supplies. Maintains appropriate inventory. Directs the preventative maintenance and repair of equipment. Stores equipment in accordance with state and hospital safety regulations.
- 8. Updates Departmental plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with Administrative Director and Medical Director. Develops, implements and evaluates department policies and procedures.
- 9. Directs the audit and evaluation of sleep center staff and job performance. Provides consistent, timely, constructive feedback and/or action plans for improvement.
- 10. Organizes required staff meetings and in-services. Provides agendas when appropriate; ensures documentation of discussions for future referral. Follows up on necessary items.
- 11. Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with hospital policy, applicable federal and state regulations, as well as related professional standards.
- 12. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in the performance review.
- 13. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the Department.
Minimum Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy or Administration.
5 years clinical experience in Sleep Medicine (all age groups) required. 2+ years managerial experience preferred. RCP and RPSGT required.
Current State of Connecticut Respiratory Therapy Licensure and Registration through Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists required.
BLS required, ACLS preferred
Must obtain Clinical Sleep Health Educator (CCSH) credential within 12 months of hire.