To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Instruction To Expectant Parents Including Information To Prepare Clients For Birth And Early Parenting; Discusses The Development Of Tools To Cope With Labor And The Post Partum Period, And To Help Toward The Goal Of A Safer And More Fulfilling Birth Experience. Provides Classes In Special Aspects Of Pregnancy And Parenting, Such As Early Pregnancy And Nutrition, Postpartum, Cesarean Birth, Infant Care, And Sibling Adjustments. Meets Regularly With The Childbirth Education Team To Coordinate, And Update Curriculum, And To Develop Approaches Which Will Ensure The Continuance Of A Quality Instructional Program Focused On The Special Needs Of New And Expecting Parents, Their Infants And Other Family Members.
- 1. Communicates With The Childbirth Education Coordinator For Assignments
- 2. Maintains Current Knowledge Base Of Childbirth Education Approaches And Techniques, Particularly As These Interact With Changing Maternity Practices.
- 3. Able To Demonstrate Skills Taught (I.E., Conditioning Exercises, Breathing Techniques, Relaxation, And Comfort Techniques For Labor).
- 4. Independently Operates Equipment Necessary For Instruction In The Classroom.
- 5. Uses Principles Of Adult Education In The Classroom To Provide Milieu Allowing For Most Effective Learning.
- 6. Demonstrates Ability To Modify Teaching Plan Based On Individual Client Needs (I.E., Pregnant Adolescent).
- 7. Can Adapt Educational Environment To Meet Needs Of Young Children (I.E., Sibling Classes) When Applicable.
- 8. Conducts Evaluations On Class Delivery With Class Participants
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing, Bachelors Level Preferred.
Observation During Orientation Of At Least One Series Of Childbirth Classes At Lawrence & Memorial.
Current Professional License As Appropriate.
Provide Proof Of Current Certification Upon Employment And Maintain Certification In Childbirth Education Throughout Employment In This Role.