To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Participates in technical duties directly involved with the CT scanner including developing, initiating, and monitoring procedures for the effective utilization of this unit. In direction of the departmental protocols and working under the direction and supervision of the radiologist, gives IV contrast according to the guidelines set forth within the department for specific procedures
- 1. CT Competency for each Procedure
- 1.1 Prepares patient in scanner for proper position.
- 2. Time Management
- 2.1 Works timely, efficiently, independently and completes tasks.
- 3. Equipment Competencies
- 3.1 Maintains safe functioning, operation and cleanliness of CT equipment.
- 4. Patient Competencies
- 4.1 Assumes responsibility for the safety and well being of all patients.
- 5. Contrast Injection Competencies
- 5.1 Demonstrates knowledge of techniques and procedures and correct use of Medrad Stellant Injector.
- 6. Department Competencies
- 6.1 Assists the daily operations of department.
- 7. Essential Functions
- 7.1 Good organization skills.
- 8. Safety
- 8.1 Provides complete and accurate responses to safety questions.
Requires formal training in radiology technology of AMA-approved program.
Minimum of three to four years of radiologic experience and special procedures experience preferred. One year of exposure or training in CT to be proficient.
Registration by the A.R.R.T. as an RT (R)(CT) preferred and state licensed. If not RT(CT) certified then obtain registration in Cat Scan within twelve month timeframe of hiring. CPR certification (BLS) required