To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Demonstrates a strong belief in and excitement for Telehealth modalities, goals, objectives, and clinical outcomes, serving as a role model for the Telehealth Department. Works with Telehealth operations and application coordinators to develop the training program for clinical and operational workflows and technical applications across the continuum of care (e.g. home-based, ambulatory, inpatient, and post-acute). Position is accountable for the provision of educational programs and practice support, which promote initial and ongoing competency and continuous development of telehealth providers and bedside staff and education for patients as consumers of telehealth services.
Responsible for developing and maintaining course curricula and supporting training materials for Telehealth programs and applications. Responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the training environment, maintaining policy and procedure documentation related to program, process, equipment/hardware and software upgrades and updates, conducting training for new staff, and coordinating training. Is mindful of patient, family/visitor, and staff experience as well as legal and compliance regulations as they relate to curriculum development, scripting and training. Assists in development and communication of the training schedule. Works closely with, and trains, department-based clinical leads and spoke hospital-based educators (train the trainer). Provides off-shift training and go live support as required.
- 1. Curriculum Development
- 1.1 Has a mastery of department-specific workflows, Telehealth-specific workflows and relevant ITS applications.
- 2. Scheduling
- 2.1 Assists in development, communication and coordination of training schedules to Telehealth leadership, managers and end-users
- 3. Training
- 3.1 Provides end-user training during all phases of the implementation in accordance with requirements of the unit, service line, and education standards.
- 4. Documentation
- 4.1 Finalizes and maintains policy and procedure documentation and training materials
- 5. Project Team Support
- 5.1 Demonstrates a strong belief in and excitement for Telehealth modalities, goals, objectives, and clinical outcomes. Serves as a role model in the practice of Telehealth, ITS, and clinical practice as applicable.
- 6. Professional Self-Development
- 6.1 Stays abreast of industry trends, innovative delivery methods, and best practices; shares findings with project team to enhance training modalities and efficacy
Bachelor's degree in related field required. BSN preferred. Master?s degree preferred.
Three years? experience in adult education, instructional design or in healthcare preferred. 3-5 years of active clinical nursing experience, one year of relevant teaching experience preferred.
Application Certification: Depending on the ITS application, certification may be required. Ongoing certification maintenance is required as well. Current CT Registered Nurse License preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Skill and experience in adult education strongly preferred. Strong people skills and clinical knowledge base and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and organizational skills required. Proven ability to work across organizations with multiple audiences and change leadership experience preferred. Expected to travel between YNHHS hospitals and non-YNHHS hospitals (Connecticut and the greater northeast) and provide off-shift training as required.
Travel to multiple YNHHS and non YNHHS facilities is necessary. Off-shift training and go live support as required.