To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary responsibility of the Web Application Developer for the YNHHS-CHS is to develop new web-based applications that address specific client analysis and development needs such as the Background Check Program, Treasury Portals and the Lab Manual. This team member will work collaboratively with other application development team members in key project activities including system architecture and design creation, component development, system testing, client acceptance testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance.
The YNHHS-CHS Web Application Developer reports to the Associate Director, Pre Award, Grants Resource Office of the YNHHS-CHS and works under his/her immediate direction. The YNHHS-CHS Web Application Developer works closely with the other members of the YNHHS-CHS IT team, external project contractors engaged to support application development work, and both internal and external customers, as appropriate.
This position is coterminous with grant funding and other revenues.
- 1. Participate as part of a development team for new and custom web-based applications.
- 2. Assist with assessment and analysis activities to support development of system design document.
- 3. Write code for new web applications, such as the Background Check Program, based on system design document.
- 4. Test and debug new web applications.
- 5. Complete all required documentation throughout the development life cycle.
- 6. Maintain systems as required by contractual agreements.
- 7. Identify potential opportunities for system enhancements and share with development team.
- 8. Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
A minimum of 5 years experience in development of web-based applications strongly preferred. Experience working with development teams in client/server environments, as well as with interfaces containing substantial usability, accessibility and web design and interactivity is preferred.