To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens both routine and specilized and the subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures.
- 1. Technical Duties
- 1.1 Evaluates specimens for acceptability and accurately performs all testing using current methologies, instruments and manual method if applicable.
- 2. Quality
- 2.1 Investigates and documents problems with unacceptable specimens
- 3. Problem solving
- 3.1 Follows established quidelines for troubleshooting instrument, reagent or specimen problems
- 4. Regulation Compliance
- 4.1 Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety
- 5. Phlebotomy
- 5.1 Accurately performs phlebotomy ( venipuncture, finger stick, heelstick) when requested or when required by work load demand
- 6. People
- 6.1 Participates in staff meetings, helps promote effective working relationships
- 7. Customer Service
- 7.1 Uses Patient/Family center values/Conducts all work activities with respect of the rights and wishes of patients, visitors and patients families
AS degree in Laboratory Science or MLT from an accredited institution or equivalent required.
Previous experience preferred.
American Society of Clinical Pathologists certification (MLT-ASCP) preferred