To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting To The Patient Access Operations Manager, This Position Organizes And Directs Daily Operations Of Assigned Sites, Programs And Quality/Financial Initiatives Relating To Inpatient And Outpatient (Pre)Registration And Acts As The Primary Contact For Resolving Staff Scheduling Issues. The Coordinator Motivates Patient Access Staff To Achieve Department Objectives And High Levels Of Individual Performance And Ensures Staff Provide Access To Healthcare In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner. The Coordinator Participates With The Operations Manager In Hiring, Coaching, Disciplining, Transferring, Promoting, And Evaluating Assigned Personnel, Reinforces Training Concepts And Acts To Secure Resolution On Complex Staff And Patient Issues.
- 1. Provides Daily Supervision To Staff To Ensure Prompt And Courteous Service To Patients, Visitors, Physicians And Co-Workers. Coordinates (Pre)Registration, Scheduling And Admission Issues With Other Departments And/Or Outside Referral Sources/Agencies/Facilities To Ensure Continuity Of Care, Timely Communication And Accurate Patient Processing. Assures Coordination Of Financial Services Prior To Visit Or Admission With Other Departments As Appropriate And Supports Point Of Service Collection Efforts.
- 2. Provides Input To Operations Manager For Employee?S Evaluations For Assigned Staff Within A Timely Manner And In Accordance With L&M Human Resource Policy. Monitors Performance Of Staff On A Daily Basis And Provides Continuous Feedback To Ensure Efficient High Quality Service.
- 3. Works With Operations Manager To Recruit And Select Candidates That Are A Good Fit For The Job And Organization. Ensures That Training Of New Employees Is Complete And Identifies On-Going Continuing Education Needs Of Existing Employees.
- 4. Creates Department Schedules, Coordinates Unforeseen Changes To The Schedule Due To Sick Calls, Intermittent Fmla, Etc. May Provide Coverage When Resources Are Not Available. Enforces The Attendance Policy In A Fair And Consistent Manner.
- 5. Participates In Hiring, Coaching, Developing And Disciplining In A Fair And Consistent Manner. Provides Conflict Resolution Between Staff Members, Escalates Issues To The Operations Manager And Leadership As Needed.
- 6. Motivates Staff To Obtain Needed Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Move Through The Patient Access Career Ladder Program. Ensures Criteria, Including Accuracy Thresholds, Are Met For Advancing Through The Ladder.
- 7. Investigates Patient/Family Or Staff Complaints And Determines Appropriate Resolutions And/Or Coordinates With Appropriate Departments, Leaders, And Stakeholders To Jointly Resolve Issues.
- 8. Establishes, Implements, Interprets And Enforces All New & Existing Hospital Wide And Department Policies And Procedures.
- 9. Participates In A Rotating Weekend And Holiday ?On-Call? Schedule With Other Revenue Cycle Leaders To Coordinate Staffing And Ensure Smooth Departmental Operations.
- 10. Maintains Current Knowledge Of Revenue Cycle Operations, Third Party Payor, Managed Care Requirements, Local/State/Federal Regulations And Medical Terminology
- 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Work Requires Organizational, Analytical And Communication Skills Generally Acquired Through The Completion Of An Associates Degree.
At Least One (1) Year Of Related Experience In Patient Access Or Similar Revenue Cycle Setting Required. Demonstrated Experience Using Excel And Analyzing Data Is Required. Additional Years Of Experience Above The Minimum Requirements May Substitute For Educational Requirements On A One To One Basis (I.E. One Year Of Experience Equals One Year Of Education).
Must Successfully Complete Chaa Certification Within 6 Months Of Appointment. Blue Belt Training,Desireable. Must Possess Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills, Customer Service, Organizational, Process Innovation Skills And Leadership Qualities.