To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service. Provides Coordination And Follow-Up Services And Management Of Patients In Cath Lab And Radiology.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit .
- 10. Demonstrates Competency In Caring For A Patient Having An Invasive Procedure Or Diagnostic Test In Radiology (E.G. Diagnostic/Therapeutic/Biopsy).
- 11. Demonstrate Knowledge And Skill In Administering And Caring For Patient Receiving : Adult & Pedi Sedation
- 12. Demonstrates Knowledge And Skill In Caring For Patients Having Transesophageal Echo, Tilt Table Study Or Other Procedures As Crosstrained.
- 13. Establishes And Maintains Iv Infusions
- 14. Demonstrates Knowledge In Arrhythmia Interpretations And Appropriate Interventions
- 15. Demonstrate Knowledge And Skill In Care Of Patient Receiving Thrombolytic Therapy & Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Procedures (Pci).
- 16. Demonstrate Knowledge And Skill In Care Of Patient With Iabp, Temporary Pacemaker And Hemodynamic Set Up.
- 17. Demonstrate Knowledge And Skill In Caring For Patients In Cath Lab (Cardiac Cath Procedure And Permanent Pacemakers /Icd Procedures (As Cross-Trained)
- 18. Demonstrates Knowledge And Understanding Of Sterile Technique And Procedures (E.G. Set Up And Maintain Sterile Tray/Fields).
- 19. Assist With Arterial/Venous Catheters And Guidewire Insertions And Maintenance Procedures.
- 20. Function As Surgical Assistant If Crosstrained.
- 21. Monitor, Assess, Record And Calculate Physiological Data And Document As Appropriate When Performing Cardiovascular Role. (As Crosstrained)
- 22. Practices Personal Radiation Safety
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Recent Icu Or Ccu Or Ed Nursing Required And One Year Of Experience In Invasive Cardiology Or Radiology Nursing Preferred. Iv Skills Required. May Consider 2 Years Recent Cardiac Telemetry Experience If Acls Certified And Can Demonstrate Critical Thinking Skills.
Current State Of Connecticut Nursing License
Acls, Bls & Pals Required. Ccrn Or Other Appropriate Clinical Certification Preferred.