To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Laboratory Assays On A Variety Of Patient Samples Such As Blood And Body Fluids, Evaluates Data For Accuracy And Appropriateness, And Reports Results To Clinicians For Patient Diagnosis And Treatment.
- 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
- 2. Operates All Department Equipment Safely And According To Manufacturer Guidelines. Performs Preventative Maintenance And Troubleshoots Instrument Failures To Best Of Ability Alerting Proper Personnel Of Equipment Problems.
- 3. Follows All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
- 4. Takes Part In Inter And Intra-Department Qa Initiatives.
- 5. Responds To Department Staffing Needs By Covering Extra Shifts When Necessary.
- 6. Maintains Technical Competency And Seeks Clarification When Necessary.
- 7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions.
- 8. Assists Supervisor In Maintaining Adequate Inventory Of Reagents And Supplies Necessary For Testing.
- 9. Collects Blood Samples, Accurately Identifying And Labeling Patient Samples According To Laboratory Policy. Utilizes Proper Phlebotomy Techniques And Appropriate Specimen Containers.
- 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And
- 11. Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 13. Processes Patient Specimens For Isolation And Identification Of Causative Disease Agents; Cultures And Stains These Specimens As Needed.
- 14. Performs And Accurately Evaluates All Tests In All Microbiology Disciplines, Including Bacteriology, Parasitology, Mycology And Mycobacteriology.
- 15. Comprehends The Significance Of Abnormal Test Results And Responds Accordingly.
- 16. Reports Significant Laboratory Results To Appropriate State And Local Agencies In Compliance With Applicable Public Health Code.
- 17. Collaborates With Other Technologists And Consults With The Supervisor Concerning Workload And Problem Resolution To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
- 18. In The Absence Of The Supervisor, Reviews Daily Reports, Quality Control And Overdue Test Logs.
Bachelor?S Degree In Medical Technology Or Equivalent Required.
Previous Experience Desirable But Not Required.
American Society Of Clinical Pathologists Certification (Mt-Ascp) Preferred
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.