To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide initial evaluations of individuals and families with mental or emotional problems. Offers counseling and outpatient psychotherapy to a wide range of individuals and families in distress.
- 1. Provides diagnostic assessment and psychiatric treatment to individuals who present themselves to the Outpatient Psychiatric Treatment Center, Hospital Emergency Room or Inpatient Unit, with symptoms of mental illness or emotional distress.
- 2. Functions as an effective member of the mental health team.
- 3. Skilled and proficient in electronic medical record documentation for management of patients under psychiatric treatment.
- 4. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the Psychiatric Treatment Center.
- 5. Responsible for maintaining positive patient and guest relations.
- 6. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and process the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's / area's / department's policies and procedures.
- 7. Participation in academic training of medical house staff and Yale medical students
Doctorate in Medicine/Psychiatry
Experience in Behavioral Health is desirable.
Connecticut Licensure & Board Eligible or certified in Behavioral Health
Experience in addiction Medicine preferred but not required.
Moderate amount of walking; moderate stress from working with patients and families, as well as interfacing with team members.