To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of technical procedures that require the utilization of specialized angiographic equipment for the delivery of interventional procedures. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, Imaging Services and/or Diagnostic Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality IR images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures., Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHHS Core Success Factors.
- 1. Operates specialized radiographic equipment for technique selection, filming, and processing of specialized radiographic images.
- 1.1 Operates all special procedure equipment and angiographic injectors and associated patient monitoring equipment in accordance with manufacturers instructions as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Employs special imaging techniques to enhance the diagnostic quality of the radiographic image.
- 2.1 Performs radiographs with a minimum occurrence of errors through the selection of appropriated technical factors.
- 3. Utilizes angiographic catheters and guide wires as required.
- 3.1 Assists with the selection and preparation of catheters and guide wires according to departmental protocols as indicated by physician feedback and supervisory observation.
- 4. Performs patient care prior to procedures.
- 4.1 Always thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient as indicated by patient feedback and supervisory observation.
- 5. Responsible for the scheduling/coordination of patient scheduling.
- 5.1 Schedules both in-patient and out-patient procedures in accordance with department protocols as indicated by random review of patient schedules.
- 6. Maintains records as directed.
- 6.1 Completes appropriate forms at completion of all special procedures in accordance with department guidelines as indicated by random supervisory review of forms.
- 7. Transfers and positions patients and provides immobilization as needed.
- 7.1 Controls the positioning and transferring of patients undergoing special radiographic examinations in accordance with departmental protocols as observed by supervisor.
- 8. Assists with the instruction of special techniques for staff and residents as directed.
- 8.1 Instructs staff members in special techniques and use of specialized instrumentation/equipment in accordance with department protocols as observed by supervisor.
- 9. Assists with the procurement, inventory and storage of supplies.
- 9.1 Reviews inventory levels periodically to assure adequate levels of inventories as observed by supervisor.
- 10. Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 10.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 11. Types all applicable information into the computer system.
- 11.1 Types all demographic patient information from the consult into department computer according to computer program and department protocol with no more than five errors per year as observed by supervisor.
- 12. Contributes to an effective quality management and quality control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 12.1 Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as observed by supervisor.
- 13. Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores
Inpatient Wait Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
AART (R) (CV Preferred)
Minimum of three years diagnostic experience.
State of CT Licensure
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.