To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Produces CT Scans as ordered by a physician following the established policies of the Department. Able to provide appropriate care for patients served, regardless of age. Must provide coverage on weekends, holidays, and off-shifts as deemed necessary in order to maintain level of departmental services. This job description and requirements for this position have been approved by the medical chairman for the department of diagnostic imaging a well as the executive committee of the medical staff.
- 1. Performs all diagnostic radiographs and associated film processing.
- 1.1 Uses technical skill and knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy to perform CT exams using appropriate imaging protocols, independently and efficiently.
- 2. Actively participates in workflow activities in order to ensure the goals of the department are met and runs efficiently
- 2.1 Assists schedulers, physicians, nursing and other appropriate staff with scheduling, obtaining requisitions or pre-authorization, patient preparation instructions, and other exam-related communications.
- 3. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety and satisfaction. Demonstrates accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for service excellence.
- 3.1 Thoroughly explains various procedures to the patient and offer emotional support.
- 4. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure exam charges are properly billed and communicates feedback
- 4.1 Consistently selects the correct patient from the worklist.
- 5. Educational activities - Participates in various teaching, learning, and research opportunities in order to further professional knowledge and expertise or to assist in expanding knowledge of others.
- 5.1 Is receptive to teaching newly -hired technologist as observed by supervisor or input from staff.
- 6. Customer Service - To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic Radiology, all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 6.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner. Staff will identify themselves and their roll while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience.
Associates Degree in Radiology preferred. ARRT, CT Certification preferred but not mandatory.
Minimum one (1) year experience in CT
ARRT, Connecticut State License. CT Advanced Certification Preferred, not required.
Able to produce high quality CT scans using a variety of complex protocols.
May be exposed to infectious diseases, or hazardous material. Average clinical radiology setting. Standing and walking most of the day. Working with lightweight equipment with occasional lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects. Must have the ability to hear and observe all the surroundings of the department and have manual dexterity. Assisting in lifting of patient with physical problems.