To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the SPD Manager, the SPD Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operations of SPD. The SPD Coordinator will assist the SPD Manager in assessing the OR schedule to set daily priorities and prepare work assignments for the SPD staff.
- 1. Prepare daily work assignments
- 2. Sets and coordinates daily priorities according to the needs of the OR schedules.
- 3. Communicates with OR Control Desk Coordinator to meet the needs of the OR schedule
- 4. Work with the SPD Case Cart Assembly Professional RN with ensuring accurate complete case carts.
- 5. Assist the OR Service Section Heads with creating, revising and maintaining instrument inventory. Also assists in making edits to the PICIS worksheets.
- 6. Work with contract instrument vendor with cross referencing and repair replace program
- 7. Work with Materials Management with completing purchase requisitions
- 8. Ensures that all equipment is in good working order
- 9. Leads daily shift report
- 10. Help SPD Manager with development, revising and implantation of staff orientation and competencies
- 11. Complies with departmental plan to meet budget goals.
- 12. Attends OR 0700 shift report
- 13. Accepts responsibilities within scope of practice.
Associates Degree Bachelor of Science preferred, Must possess a minimum of three years experience in the Operating Room and Sterile Processing Department.
Minimum of 3 years supervisory, Charge, or Lead Tech experience in Central Sterile Processing or Operating Room environment with extensive knowledge of instrumentation, OR medical and surgical supplies and OR/CSS operations.
Must be Certified trough CBSPD or IAHCSMM.
Microsoft Excel, Word processing, Data processing, Materials Management Information System, and E-Mail.
May be exposed Infectious diseases, cuts, and burns.
Standing and walking 60% of the day. Sufficient mobility and strength to move throughout the department and lift heavy items. Pushing and Pulling Case Carts.