To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Polysomnographic (Psg) Studies, For The Diagnosis And Treatment Of Sleep Disorders. Technical Procedures Include Diagnostic Psg, Cpap/Bpap/Asv Titration, Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation, Split-Night Studies, Multiple Sleep Latencies (Mslt?S) And Maintenance Of Wakefulness Testing (Mwt?S). Provides Support To The Patients And Their Families. Provides Comfort And Reassurance When Needed.
- 1. Gathers, Analyzes, And Compiles Patient Information In Order To Identify And Meet Patient Specific Needs, Including Reviewing History/ Physical And Medications, Verifies Order And Protocol, Verifies Completion Of Pretest Documentation. Explains Pretest, Test And Post Test Procedures To Patient; As Well As Orienting Patients To The Sleep Center.
- 2. Performs Test Preparation Procedures According To Standards, Including: Calibration Of Equipment, Application Of Electrodes And Sensors, Physiologic Calibration And Pap Mask Fitting.
- 3. Follows Procedural Protocols To Ensure Collection Of Appropriate High Quality Data.
- 4. Follows ?Lights Out? Procedures To Establish And Document Baseline Values (Body Position, O2 Sats, Respiratory And Heart Rate Etc).
- 5. Performs Polysomnographic Data Acquisition While Monitoring Study Tracing To Ensure Signals Are Artifact Free.
- 6. Accurately Troubleshoots Psg-Related Issues. Able To Differentiate, Resolve When Possible, And Document Patient Artifact And Equipment Interference Within 5 Minutes Of Occurrence.
- 7. Documents Medical History, Routine Observations, Including Sleep Stages And Clinical Events, Changes In Procedure And Other Significant Events In Order To Facilitate Scoring And Interpretation Of Results.
- 8. Follows ?Lights On? Procedures To Verify Integrity Of Collected Data (E.G. Repeats The Physiological And Instrument Calibrations And Instructs The Patient On Completing Questionnaires, Etc.), Present Patient Summary And Clinical Impressions.
- 9. Contacts Patients To Confirm Psg Appointments, And Ensure Compliance And Satisfaction With Treatment Recommendations, Using Standardized Questionnaire To Identify Issues That Need Clinical Follow-Up, And Documents Same.
- 10. Participates In Equipment Care And Maintenance, In The Maintenance Of Appropriate Level Of Supplies And In The Maintenance Of Patient Room Readiness.
- 11. Works Independently Performing Polysomnographic Duties.
- 12. Implements Apprpriate Interventions Including Those For Patient Safety And Therapeutic Intervention (Eg Cpap, Bipap, O2 Administration Etc)
- 13. Comply With The Brpt Standards Of Conduct.
- 14. Performs All Levels Of Procedures And Therapeutic Interventions.
- 15. Scoring Sleep/Wake Stages By Applying Professionally Accepted Guidelines In Conjunction With Sleep Center Specific Protocols, When Necessary. Assist With Scoring Clinical Events (Such As Respiratory Events, Cardiac Events, Limb Movements, Arousals, Etc.) By Applying Professionally Accepted Guidelines In Conjunction With Sleep Center Specific Protocols, When Necessary. Assist With The Generation Of Accurate Reports And Summarizing Patient Clinical Questionnaires.
- 16. Respond To Study Participant?S Procedural-Related Inquiries By Providing Appropriate Information.
- 17. Collect, Analyze And Integrate Patient Information In Order To Identifty And Meet The Patient-Specific Needs (Physical/Mental Limitations, Current Emotional/Physiological Status Regarding The Testing Procedure, Pertinent Medical/Social History), And To Determine Final Testing Parameters/Procedures In Conjunction With The Ordering Physician Or Clinical Director And Laboratory Protocols.
- 18. Provides Clinical Leadership And Training For Peers, Junior Personnel, And Students, And/Or Serves As A Clinical Instructor For Trainees Or Junior Personnel.
- 19. Performs All Other Duties As Assigned To Ensure The Smooth Operation Of The Dept/Unit.
- 20. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
Technician - Must Be A Certified Polysomnography Technician (Cpsgt) Through The Board Of Registered Polysomographic Technologist (Brpt)
Technician ? Clinical Experience Required To Obtain A Cpsgt
Demonstrates The Desire To Acquire New Job Skills. Demonstrates Maturity And The Ability To Establish Good Rapport With Patients, The Public And Co-Workers. Interacts Well With Severely Ill Or Difficult Patients, Including Children. Demonstrates Effective Written And Spoken Communication Skills. Current Cpr Certification. Demonstrate The Ability To Analyze Complex Situations And Apply Policy.