To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Applications Specialist functions as the primary support contact and expert for the application. They work under the appropriate direction to build & install and support applications. They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for their application area. Primary responsibilities include analyzing work flows and understanding policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations. In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational specifications and application functionality is required. A key activity is to work with users to determine project needs, develop proposals, and recommend opportunities for technological and work flow improvement. They function as the primary contact to support the implementation of new projects and upgrades as well as troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users during training, go-live and post go-live periods. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position. Successful candidates enjoy helping other users identify how technology can support business needs and assist with adoption.
- 1. 1 Application Implementation and Support:.
1 .1 Supports application implementation and support including analysis, planning and preparation.
1 .2 Designs, configures and tests interfaces and reports according to the departmental standards.
1 .3 Determines the need to create in-house programs to support the new system.
1 .4 Identifies and recommends changes in workflow, procedures, forms and/or data to make optimal use of
the new system.
1.5 Provides teammates input to workflow, design, build and testing expertise to ensure a successful
1 .6 Assists in resolving major design issues and recommends solutions for resolution.
1 .7 Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
1.8 Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes related to software code modifications or
1 .9 Meets with users to determine their requirements as it relates to hardware or software needs.
1 .10 Informs management of all issues that are impacting or will impact assigned area/s.
- 2. 2. Teamwork
2 .1 Creates and maintains regular status reports to immediate manager.
2.2 Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change,
communications, and updates.
2 .3 Completes specific task activities as documented in project plan and/or assigned by manager.
2 .4 Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
2 .5 Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
2.6 Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and
2 .7 Openly shares information with all team members
2 .8 Willingness to subordinate individual goals for team goals.
- 3. 3. Documentaation 3.1 Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly 3.2 Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks 3.3 Contributes to the development of production environment readiness plan
- 4. 4. Other 4 .1 Provides training to other IT staff and suer clients as appropriate 4.2 Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site. 4.3 Work closely with end users to identify business needs and benefits of implementing a computing solution and strives to understand their needs
- 5. Laboratory Specific Responsibilities
1. Understands operational laboratory processes to enhance efficiencies with the laboratory information
2. Basic understanding of instrument interfaces
3. Basic understanding of integration of lab systems with foreign systems
4. Ability to maintain all laboratory error queues and begin analysis of troubleshooting cause.
5. Basic understanding of regulatory compliance related to CAP, JCAHO, state regulatory issues
6. Takes educational opportunites to enhance knowledge of laboratoy system, functions, integrations
7. Basic troubleshooting of peripheral devices
8. Reacts and triages calls promptly to maintain patient safety
9. Utilizes vendor as needed to report concerns and followup on actions.
Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 2 years experience in Healthcare and/or technology strongly preferred. 1-2 years experience in analysis and support of application technology is required.
Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and ability to deal with simultaneous
tasks, communicate effectively, problem solve, and develop creative solutions to complex problems required. Strong
organizational. problem solving and listening skills, attention to detail, innovative thinking and ability to inspire others
required. Must possess a high level of customer service skills and participate as strong, collaborative team player .
Capable of taking leadership role in managing end user relationships. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools required. Familiarity and/or certification in Epic is preferred.
Travel to multiple YNHHS facilities is necessary.