To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs the same job responsibilities as the Documentation Integrity Specialist, in addition to coordinating assignment of work queues and providing second level review to ensure accurately and timely completion and reporting of incomplete/delinquent records. Pays meticulous attention to detail and has proficient knowledge of the electronic health record (Epic) in order to be able to assist with review and answer questions regarding the on line documentation Assists management team in developing staff and ensuring consistency in work methods. Performs a variety of activities involving the analysis and training of the various HIM work queues for discharged inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency departments, and various other outpatient encounters using the electronic medical record.
Works closely with medical staff members to ensure accurate and timely completion and reporting of incomplete and delinquent medical records. Provides trouble shooting support for management team and identifies trends which require management attention or follow-up. Assist the physicians and analyst with Epic training and issue with regarding record completion work flow.
- 1. Coordinates the analysis and completion work queues for all delivery networks. Serves a resource for the analyst in answering any questions regarding policy and procedure question regarding reassignment/completion in order to provide an efficient operations.
- 1.1 Recognizes procedural and personnel problems and reports such problems to the Supervisor.
- 2. Ensures timely and accurate statistical reporting and notification to physicians on status of incomplete/delinquent medical records. Determine completeness and accuracy of information as prescribed by hospital regulations, the Joint commission of Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and appropriateness state/federal regulations initiating appropriate action to correct any deficiencies noted.
- 2.1 Serves as a first resource for the analyst to make determinations regarding questionable physician suspension\restoration actions.
- 3. Monitors and maintains the Epic Analysis work queues to ensure timely and accurate statistical reporting notification to physicians on status of incomplete medical records assigned to them for record completion.
- 3.1 Reviews deficiencies in the Declined work queue which the physician has declined and the reason. Based on the documentation in Epic make the decision to complete, reassigns to another physician or send back the deficiency to the physician.
- 4. Ensures adherence to hospital procedure regarding timely completion of delinquent medical records as outlined in the Hospital By Laws. Follows the department guidelines for notification and suspension of physicians who fail to complete their records within the required timeline.
- 4.1 Reviews each deficiency on the physician?s Alert Letter of Delinquent Medical records assigned to them for monitoring. Reviews the Epic documentation to ensure that each deficiency is assigned to the correct physician(s), the deficiency status is and that it is under the correct visit.
- 5. Provides assistance to physicians and secretaries responding to telephone and walk- in request/inquires in a timely manner. Assists patients/customers providing good customer service. Demonstrates acknowledgement of responsibility to practice and promote good customer relations and mutual respect 100 % of the time.
- 5.1 Assists physicians and the analyst with Epic training and issues with regarding record completion work flow. Supplies Epic Tip Sheets when needed and serve as the physician liaison.
Associates degree in health care related field or equivalent experience as a Documentation Integrity Specialist. RHIA/RHIT certification preferred.
Three (3) years of health information management experience with extensive knowledge of Joint Commission standards, CMS regulations, and medical staff bylaws.
RHIA/RHIT certification preferred.
Requires knowledge of medical terminology and a thorough knowledge of a variety of regulations concerning MR documentation. Thorough understanding of Documentation Integrity and MR Completion Policy. Working knowledge of computers for data entry and search and retrieval.
Accurate keyboard skills ( 30-35 wpm). Ability to use peripheral equipment such as bar code scanners, printers, fax machine, photocopier. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and to deal professionally with co-workers, other departments, and medical personnel. Knowledge of various software packages.