To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This Position Is Responsible For And Being Proficient In All Aspects Of Ct Scanning And Patient Care. Performs A Variety Of Radiologic Procedures At A Technical Level; Assumes Responsibility For Designated Areas Or Procedures As Required. Rotates On-Call As Needed. Frequent Contact With Acutely Ill Patients; Exposure To Interventional Procedures, Body Fluids, Radiation, And Processing Chemicals.
- 1. Patient Education- Explanation Of Exam, Completion Of Intravenous Contrast Worksheet, Take Allergy History.
- 2. Room Preparation, Clean Linen, Loading And Arming Of Power Injector
- 3. Maintain Iv Start Proficiency Per Radiology Nurse Guidelines
- 4. Provide Physical Assistance To Patients On And Off Scanner Table
- 5. Facilitate Patient Flow Including Ability To Prioritize And Add-On Patients As Needed, I.E..- Inpatients, Emergency Room Patients, Urgent Outpatients From Doctors Offices
- 6. Technical Expertise For Acquiring Highest Quality Diagnostic Scans Including Ability To Adjust Technical Factors For Body Habits, Patient Age And Weight.
- 7. Consistently Produces Diagnostic Quality Radiographs By Using Proper Technical Factors And Patient Positioning.
- 8. Completes, In An Accurate And Timely Manner, All Paperwork And Patient Documentation (I.E.-Exam Charging, Patient Insurance, And Maintenance Of Day Log, Pacs And Teleradiology Solutions)
- 9. Accurately Film Patient Exams Including Roi?S, Measurements, Reconstructions, And Reformations.
- 10. Attention To Detail When Hanging Patient Exams For Radiologist Interpretation, Including Hanging Of Most Recent Previous Related Study.
- 11. Maintaining Good Communication Amongst Team Members And Other Departments To Maximize Excellent Patient Care.
- 12. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer?S Specification And Under Safe Radiation Guidelines.
- 13. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics.
- 14. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood Borne Pathogens
- 15. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 16. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Has Satisfactorily Completed A Formal Radiologic Technology Training Program In An A.M.A. Approved School And Meets Requirements For Registry By The ARRT.
One (1) To Two (2) Years Experience In Ct Department Preferred. Previous Radiographic Experience Required.
Must Hold A Current Connecticut State License In Radiologic Technology Or Obtain Licensure As Soon As They Become Registered.
REQUIRED: ARRT Certification in CT (Computed Tomography)