To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Data Entry Specialist is responsible for entering data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes. Maintains a high level of productivity and accuracy on a daily basis. Reviews data for deficiencies or errors, formats and/or completes missing values. When needed for larger data sets, the Specialist will use a variety of advanced program functions to perform these tasks.
- 1. Accurately enters professional charges with functionality with all aspects of the billing software, with focus on ensuring all daily charges are received and posted, making appropriate notations to patient's accounts and meeting deadlines and productivity levels.
- 2. Regularly meets with Supervisor and/or Manager to discuss and resolve charge related or billing obstacles.
- 3. Collects, compiles, sorts, and reviews data for accuracy/completion based on department guidelines and in compliance with data integrity and security policies. Scans documents into document management systems or databases. Checks source documents and monitors own work for accuracy. Stores completed documents in designated locations.
- 4. Processes incoming and outgoing mail and faxes daily.
- 5. Prepares and submits paper claims daily.
- 6. Cross-trains for various responsibilities/positions within the department. Responds to requests for information and accesses relevant files. Assists department in streamlining operations by automation. Understands and stays informed of billing payer compliance guidelines for State/Federal and Third Party Payers.
- 7. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree in business related field preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years' work experience in a medical, legal, or insurance claims office preferred. Prior work experience in data entry a plus.
Proficient Microsoft Office products including Excel. Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and patients in an effective and professional manner. Detail oriented with excellent accuracy and ability to prioritize work. Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.